Does your SO/spouse know how much your bbag cost?

My DH doesn't know I have a Bbag yet, he is so used to me and purses. Most men don't know a thing about designers, I wouldn't mention the price unless you have to. Some things are better off left to girl talk on the PF, unless you have one of those guys who would spend that kind of money on himself. My husband doesn't buy designer clothes, he likes expensive music equipment and traveling.

fayewolf said:
I am scared to death to tell him how much my work bag cost, recommendation on what to tell him?

Will he ever discover the truth by himself? :graucho:

I told my boyfr my bags cost "alot of money." Thankfully he's got the smarts not to probe any further.

emmakins said:
Will he ever discover the truth by himself? :graucho:

I told my boyfr my bags cost "alot of money." Thankfully he's got the smarts not to probe any further.

He will never find out the cost of these bags, coz he never ever steps foot into NM, unless i drag him there.

But i sorta trained him, that nice bags are expensive.. so he sorta knows. :smile:

We've on account with 2 cc each so he'll know when the bill comes the latest. Therefor I'll tell him in advance. I'm really lucky with him, he never says no about a new bag. O.K. from time to time when he gets a glance at all my bags he says things like: wow we could have bought a car or cruise first class through the Carabean. He says this in a funny way. So I'm not offended.
But I'm very good in ignoring him, learned that at my job with my horrible boss :smile:

fendigal said:
My DH doesn't know I have a Bbag yet, he is so used to me and purses. Most men don't know a thing about designers, I wouldn't mention the price unless you have to. Some things are better off left to girl talk on the PF, unless you have one of those guys who would spend that kind of money on himself. My husband doesn't buy designer clothes, he likes expensive music equipment and traveling.

what do you mean he doesn't know?? did you hide it??

My husbad knows exactly. He pays the bills. I try and contiribute by selling things on ebay. (I'm a SAHM so it's hard to hide anything from him when it comes to finances)haven't worked in 5.5 years.

Yeah pretty much the same. My husband knows how much WE spent in my handbags and, at first, he wasn't very happy about it :sad: but know, he give me advise about colors and sizes :yes: :heart: .

You should be honest ;)

DH knows all about costs Marc Jacobs bags because he used to help me choose them. Now that I'm into Bbags, he assumes they're in the similar price range, and he's not upset about the price tags as much as lack of hardware of Bbags. He doesn't think bags are worth $1k price range unless there are buckles and pushlocks, etc. and really thick leather. So when he sees my new Bbags, he just shakes his head.

But I agree with others about being honest. He'll probably find out sooner or later.

i really really really try not to lie but i also don't exactly volunteer any exact amounts...usually i try to evade and avoid or i'll explain how great the sale was...i've also told him he'd be too upset so why get into it...sometimes that works...good luck!!!