Does your sentimentality toward your bags keep you from selling?

Sep 3, 2008
I have two bags that I don't use, and probably won't use again...ever. One of them was my very first LV that I got in 2007 and the other I'm just attached to. I know I should probably sell them, but I feel that they are too representative of certain time periods in my life (when I carried them for months on end).

Am I being silly? Should I just sell the darn things?

Keep them. I'm such a hoarder of memories hehe. Then again, you can always try to list at a high price and if someone buys, maybe it was meant to be. Plus you have extra $$

Tough call. If you will never use them and can get a decent amount on them, I say sell and get something you will use. But if you will take a huge hit, keep them. It's hard to sell but things that truly sit around would not be missed and would probably bring joy to someone else. I've only,sold one bag. I knew I'd never use it. I met the buyer at the store and my SA brought us champagne. She was overjoyed and I know that the bag is making someone really happy as opposed to hiding in dust bag completely neglected. The fact that it helped to fund a fabulous bag also helps!

Tough call. If you will never use them and can get a decent amount on them, I say sell and get something you will use. But if you will take a huge hit, keep them. It's hard to sell but things that truly sit around would not be missed and would probably bring joy to someone else. I've only,sold one bag. I knew I'd never use it. I met the buyer at the store and my SA brought us champagne. She was overjoyed and I know that the bag is making someone really happy as opposed to hiding in dust bag completely neglected. The fact that it helped to fund a fabulous bag also helps!
Agree! There's only one bag I wouldn't sell and that's the one my DH gave me at my baby shower. First baby and first LV so I wouldn't sell but I use it often anyways.
As for others, sitting in a closet doesn't do anyone any good. I feel like that's being kinda selfish like a child not wanting to give up their toy that they never play with when they see how much joy it brings others kids. Just my lil 2 cents.

If you can see yourself at least handing it down to a daughter or niece, I say keep it. If it will sit in the closest forever and never see the light of day you should sell it. The sentiment is lost if the bags go unLVoed...:cry:

Last edited:
to me a bag is a bag..all of mine has been gifted by DH for birthdays, christmas, "just bc" etc... and he doesn't care one way or another if i sell it or not. ultimately its my happiness that matters to him the most. on the other hand i'm sentimental about the jewelry he gave me..so its really up to you how important these 2 bags are to you.

I think it's difficult to decide ifcyoubwillmor won't use EVER again as tastes change so much.

I have been contemplating selling a few of mine but the what if my taste changes again thought crops up.

Not helpful to your question I know, sorry :smile:

I say keep them. I have a coach pochette that was my first designer bag ever. I begged and begged my mom for it but she said that shed never spend that much on a purse so I saved all of my Christmas and birthday money to buy it. ($200). I will probably never ever wear it again. I listed it once but automatically regretted it and took it down. So even if its just taking up space in my closet .. It represents something to me. And who knows maybe one day down the road if I have a daughter it can be passed down to her as her first designer bag as well.

Last edited: