does your SA typically charge you shipping? esp. those of you who buy alot from them?

Sometimes I get charged, sometimes not. The first time I purchased from Nick at Short Hills Chanel he charged me, but never again after that. I also bought a bag from the Chanel boutique in Vegas and was charged. Neiman's and Saks vary, depending on the SA. I was charged at Bergdorf's though, but I know for a fact they can waive it if they want to.

Sometimes I get charged, sometimes not. The first time I purchased from Nick at Short Hills Chanel he charged me, but never again after that. I also bought a bag from the Chanel boutique in Vegas and was charged. Neiman's and Saks vary, depending on the SA. I was charged at Bergdorf's though, but I know for a fact they can waive it if they want to.

oh gosh, how many chanels do you have? sounds like you've got quite a collection...i think in most places if they want to they could waive the shipping. i get charged everytime, i've only bought once from the boutique, all other times were from saks.

oh gosh, how many chanels do you have? sounds like you've got quite a collection...i think in most places if they want to they could waive the shipping. i get charged everytime, i've only bought once from the boutique, all other times were from saks.

It sounds like alot, but I sell on Ebay sometimes, and I haven't always kept all of them if I hadn't seen them IRL first. Also, when my mother in law was alive I ordered bags for her also (quite frequently). I think I might have about 10 now, but I've sold at least 10-15 in the last year or two.

and what's been ur experience selling in ebay? i was toying w/ the idea, but doesn't look like odds are good considering i'd have zero feedback and w all the fees associated, i probably wouldn't be able to make back what i paid for though it's a brand new bag.

but getting back to the topic...do you always pay to send the bag back if you want to exchange or return?

some saks waive my shipping if i use my saks card. they always charged shipping if i use other credit cards. nordstrom waive shipping if charges if over $200. chanel boutiques charges shipping too, but i asked one time if i want to exchange. they would waive return shipping and then send the next one w/ free shipping. yeah, figured if i am going to spend over 2k on a bag, they should be able to waive shipping no matter how i pay. ugh...

Nordstrom waives shipping for ground service. 2 day service is only $9.05 which is really good; however, my s/a, who I am on really good terms with, will charge me for 2-day delivery but request overnight shipping.

and what's been ur experience selling in ebay? i was toying w/ the idea, but doesn't look like odds are good considering i'd have zero feedback and w all the fees associated, i probably wouldn't be able to make back what i paid for though it's a brand new bag.

but getting back to the topic...do you always pay to send the bag back if you want to exchange or return?

I really didn't sell my Chanel until I had over 700 feedback, but I know that's a big consideration for buyers. I usually get about half of what I paid because most of my bags have been used (excellent condition though). I just recently sold one that was never used. I paid $1250 and got $700. Which of course irks me, but it was sitting in my closet for over a year untouched, so better to have $700 for another purse then something I'm not using. You definately won't get what you paid, I wouldn't think. Even though it's new I don't think many people would pay retail or even close to it or why not just get it new themselves and avoid the Ebay stress factor? The only bad experiences I've had were a girl in the UK who got my bag and later (over 60 days!) did a chargeback, so I'm out the bag and the money. I will never sell internationally again. Another lady kept my bag for 52 days and then decided it smelled like smoke, which is odd since I nor anyone I'm around smoke. I had to refund her money too, or face a possible chargeback. Overall though, I'd say it's a great way to recycle older bags and ultimately worth the headaches I've encountered. If you try it, make sure you have online tracking and if it's worth over $250 you must have signature confirmation to be protected by Paypal. Oh, and make sure you insure the package, because if it's lost or damaged it's on you, not the buyer as many people think. Even with the "I'm not responsible" disclaimer many have in their auctions, they ARE responsible and when a buyer files a claim through paypal they will always win if it is lost or damaged.
Good luck!

April, when she did the chargeback, did paypal actually go into your personal account to collect the funds, or deduct them from your paypal balance? I would think after 60 days you should be able to fight a chargeback versus succomb, especially if the reason was purely buyer's remorse. Sorry to hear of your experience. People can really suck.

April, when she did the chargeback, did paypal actually go into your personal account to collect the funds, or deduct them from your paypal balance? I would think after 60 days you should be able to fight a chargeback versus succomb, especially if the reason was purely buyer's remorse. Sorry to hear of your experience. People can really suck.

They deducted from my Paypal balance. I tried to dispute the chargeback but because I didn't have ONLINE tracking, I lost. I say online, because I did have a letter from Royal Mail that she signed for it. It included the date and even time she signed, but it didn't matter. They required a signature because I had insured it for $450. I have no idea what her reason for the dispute was, as she wasn't required to provide it. :cursing: Some people do suck.