Does your Lambsin smell?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. HI ladies..

Firstly.. HAPPY CHINESE NEW YR!! wish everyone has a wonderful year ahead of you :smile:

about my question.. Lately I have noticed.. if i havnt use my lambskin tote or jumbo flap for awhile.. when i take them out from the box and dustbag.. I can smell the leather has a bit of a "sour" smell.. does that happen to you??

and does anyone know why??
    will it be becos it has been air-ed after it has been used?

:smile:

2. lambskin can absorb & retain smell. For example, if people live in smoking homes, the lambskin starts to smell like smoke! I'm not sure about the sour smell--I haven't experienced that with mine- but I only keep them in dustbags- not in the boxes!

3. Mine never smells strange.
    I carry a lamb WoC and always store it back in box wrapped in felt.

4. There is no smell on my white lambskin, reissue! :confused1:

5. humm.. that is so strange... maybe the smell comes from the box??

6. mine's in it's box, no smell. :shrugs:

7. Mine is also in a box, and it's wrapped in black felt..........no smell :wondering

8. Hmmm maybe it is because you haven't aired yours in awhile

9. Mine has no strange smell either. I store mine in dustbags only, without the box.

10. Have not had a problem and I store my lambskin tote in the dustbag and in my old apartment it was even in a closet near the kitchen (I know prob not the best idea but you have to take any space you can find in NYC). Try airing it out for a while, maybe put one of those scentless oder absorbing sponges from the hardware store inside?

11. mine never smell strange even if I don't use it for months

12. Mine never smell either. Well, they do smell like leather but that's a great smell.

13. Mine never smells either... and I never store it in its dustbag :confused1:

14. mine does not smell either. I would try airing it out

15. Smell like leather???? Mine don't smell at all.