Does your HAC go Batty?

Haute Couturess

Black CDC Kelly pls!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
Does your HAC get batwings? My lovely little chevre HAC is a dream come true but sometimes she looks like she's letting it all hang out a little too much on the sides :sad:.

Yet, I look at other members' photos of their luscious HACs and they seem to do the same thing. It is not nearly as far out as some batwings I have seen on Birkins so I wonder is this a predisposition of the style to look like that because of the dimensions?

Whaddya think?

(p.s. I still love her even if she DOES go batty) :heart:

HC my HAC is batty 24-7, I love how that looks though, IMO it balances the proportions. I find that the straps a bit more snug than birkins so when you load it up it can only go batty.

she's kind of like an errant teenager. see her ever so slightly trying to do it?
DSC03419.jpg

Hello Friend!!!! Mine is CdC souple and does exactly the same thing. Most of the time I carry it semi-closed with the flap in and I store it fully closed. I am not a big 'bat wing' fan with my chevre hac but maybe I am weird about that! I prefer it 'pulled together' even when open. BTW Love your bag!!!

HC, love your HAC with PH, looks so edgy & chic!
Here's a picture of mine, chevre 32 GH, I never carry her closed, I like her better open.

Attachments

• batty hac.jpg
    batty hac.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 446
HC, my barenia HAC can get very tiny batwings.

I have a fjord HAC that I never used, and I don't own any chevre....so you may need to call in the cehvre experts on this one!

But, IMHO, I LOVE the way your little darling teenager is looking!!!!! Chic but dressy cas!

Really? Mine is chevre, i'm wondering if meltonian treatments on the sides and a little time in a non-batty position will encourage her to change her ways?
That's a good idea HC, perhaps that's why my straps are snug, I always have them open. Test the meltonian on a small spot first, my attempt with chevre had the excess product trapped in between the grains, not a pretty sight, needed a trip to the spa cleaned her up!

encore, i always carry my bags open but this HAC is the exception, that I really like the look of her closed too!

medusa, love your pic!!! i must admit i'm afraid to do anything to a grainy leather for the same reason you mentioned. i should ask the seller i bought her from what she does because i know she takes good care of hers in between "spa" treatments.

hello2703, thank you! i love her too. she's coromandel.

luv2shop, i hope you'll post a pic of your barenia HAC. it must be to die for!!!

attachment.php

Mine in mangalore does show the batwings on both sides...tho I try to push them back in if I notice...I guess it's because the leather's rather soft and thus it's behaving such?:shrugs:

Really? Mine is chevre, i'm wondering if meltonian treatments on the sides and a little time in a non-batty position will encourage her to change her ways?

Hello, Meltonian cream will not tighten up the skin...It may even soften it further... I would store her in a strap closed up manner... and when using her perhaps do not over load her and keep the front flap tucked in and the straps pulled and locked forward also known as the half open position. I do belive you are simply encountering the nature of the Chevre leather. Personally, I adore your bag just as she is wings and all. If it is still a bother to you I would use a bag insert (such as a chameleon stiff sided version) to keep things inside your bag from pushing up against the sides hence increasing the whole Battiness :P aspect.