Does your Goyard St. Louis get dirty inside?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

I have been wanting a Goyard St Louis PM for years now and want to take the plunge soon on a grey one for spring/summer.

My question is the interior of the bag is white canvas. For those of you that have this bag, does it get dirty easily? If so, how do you clean it?
    I think I asked the SA at Goyard and he said to just wipe it with a wet cloth.

I have a LV monogram MM Neverfull that is in great shape. I used that a lot with my little girl but she is older now so this St. Louis will just be filled with my things.

Thanks in advance for any answers. I appreciate it!

2. In my case - it does get dirty easily. I use it for gym and when I throw damp clothes inside the bag, the moist leave water mark on the canvas. After a while I just dun bother about leaving marks and stain etc. I hate to baby a bag! As long as the bag doesnt crack at handle or get damaged at corners (the usual St. Louis issues), I am happy.

3. As much as I love the St. Louis tote, it does get dirty inside. I tend to throw change in the bottom of my bags which gets it quite dirty. I just got a new one and my goal is to use my little coin purse instead of throwing change in my bag. One time I had $27 worth of change in the bottom of my bag.

4. I've had mine for about 2 years now - been wearing it a LOT and there's no dirt at all as of now. I throw stuffs in but I always put things like pens, money, makeup or anything that can leak/make the bag dirty in a case (pencil case, makeup bag, etc). So far so good that way!

5. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457576559.407943.jpg

I use a silver Purse-To-Go organizer in mine. I like the pockets it gives me for organization, the light structure it gives my bag, and the protection for the inside. :smile:

6. Brilliant!!!!

7. Wow, thanks! [emoji4]

8. This is so pretty inside too! What a good idea!
    Thanks for giving me a peek inside your bag too.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on your St. Louis! I hope to pull the trigger soon or wait the long wait till I go to France towards the end of the year to save some $$.

9. Quick question is your bag the PM size? If so, is your purse-to-go a X Jumbo size?

thanks in advance!

10. What is your bag size ? GM or PM ? And what size do you wear for the purse to go ? Thank you.

11. My St Louis is a PM. I'm afraid I'm not sure what size Purse To Go I bought. Let me see if I can tell by the website...

Yes, I'd say I got the x-jumbo. I think I went with the measurements for a Neverfull mm. It's a great fit.

12. Which size is your Goyard and which size is the Purse-to-Go organizer? I need to get one! Thanks!

13. See above

14. #14 Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    such a good idea! is it heavy and does it help with the purse sagging?

15. great suggestion on the purse organizer! I have had my st louis for 4+ years and it hasn't gotten dirty on the inside.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice