Does your face break out when you switch foundation/powder brands?

chiquen81

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008
Ok so I used Fresh powdery foundation makeup for a few months (used it until it was gone) but i decided to go back to Sheseido because the Fresh was $45 and that's too expensive for me. SO i have used sheiseido before and never had any problems, but after going from teh Fresh back to the Sheseido i am breaking out HORRIBLY and it's after my period so it's not period related.

do you think it's just because i switched and my skin has to adjust because it is confused that im using something diferent? i never had any problems with sheseido before!

what do you think?

My skin always breaks out if/when I switch anything that I use on my face. Can be moisturizer, toner, cleanser, makeup, powder...etc. I have to be VERY careful when trying new things! =(

Heat and humidity cause me to break out, have you also experienced a weather change recently? I have super sensitive skin, but swithcing usually helps my skin unless its humid, then nothing helps.

Yep, can't use BareMinerals... My face still is recovering from it.
Switching make-up brands has caused a reaction like yours as well.

After all that, I just stick to Shu Umera. No more jumping around and switching brands for me.

Hope you find out what it is and it clears up!

powder foundation usually no

liquid foundation YES! lol Dior and MAC are the worst for me. Most of Dior's cosmetics are somehow really resilient and just will not budge even after washing my face 3 times (okie, fine, most of it does come off, but I usually use a toner after and WOW, there's probably still 30% left over on my face)! so for this brand, I break out cuz the product basically STICKS onto my face and thus blocks all my pores. MAC on the other hand washes off quite easily, but it still makes me break out pretty bad.
Estee lauder, clinique, and shiseido are all okie

I'm always safe with Lancome and Chanel though :yes: