Does your Chanel Jumbo Double Flap tend to lean forward over time?

Jan 3, 2014
I adore my Classic Jumbo Flap in Caviar leather but it seems almost top heavy as if it would like nothing more than to topple over. It does not fall over but it leans forward. I store it always in the dust bag and always stuffed. I tend to use it once or twice monthly or less. Im wondering if inevitable structure loss over time causes this. My bag is from approximately 2010-2011. I'm wondering if I can somehow "re-train it" through some different method of stuffing the bag to sit more straight. I'm thinking if I concentrated more on the stuffing of the base of the bag, I might achieve some improvement. Has anyone else encountered this issue?. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465437050.866344.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1465437111.894921.jpg

Last edited:
Mine did lean forward, so now when I store it in the dustbag, I turn the bag backwards and keep chains behind. Some ladies here attach a hook, so it could hold the chain.

I used to have a m/l caviar double flap and it did that too. I'm wondering now, do you think it leans forward due to the "weight" of the double flaps in front? I never tested out my bag how it stands if I don't lock the flaps closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: clarabellaZ
I used to have a m/l caviar double flap and it did that too. I'm wondering now, do you think it leans forward due to the "weight" of the double flaps in front? I never tested out my bag how it stands if I don't lock the flaps closed.

I think the double flap may be partially the reason and that would make sense. I also think though that the "forward lean" issue may just happen as the bag softens over time. A friend very recently purchased a brand new Chanel double flap jumbo and her bag does not lean forward.

I still think various storage tips and tricks may improve or prevent the issue. The key is to find something that works.

I will try VernisCerise 's tip.

Last edited:
Reactions: VernisCerise
My m/l does this too. It does bug me but I've always assumed it was the double flap weight too so effectively an occupational hazard! Have taken some comfort from this thread though in knowing it's not just a fault with my bag :smile:

Reactions: clarabellaZ