Does your BBag have glue mark on the hardware?

milkcup

Jul 9, 2009
Hello everyone, I’ve been visiting this forum quite frequently, and just received my black city of 09 F/W collection from an online retailer! The bag looks good to me except that I found glue mark on the hardware. The mark is removable, but I’m not sure whether authentic bags use glue for the hardware at all. Has anyone found the same problem on your bag too? Is it unusual or I’m being too sensitive and picky?

Here’re some pics of my new bag, would love to hear your comment.

Attachments

• DSCN26182.JPG
    DSCN26182.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN2606.JPG
    DSCN2606.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN2613.JPG
    DSCN2613.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN2619.JPG
    DSCN2619.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN2626.JPG
    DSCN2626.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 89
When I purchased my Raisin Work from my local Bal store, they now seem to glue the tassles to the hardware, which seems a bit strange, but I know my bag is authentic so it must be a new thing.

unfortunately, the glue stains are becoming more and more common on new bags, i've seen glue stains from 08 on, and yes, at the bal shops! i think you can rub it off gently. i showed glue stains on a bag i was about to purchase to the SA at the galeries lafayette bal shop and they just took a bottle of leather care cream out, poured some on a cotton pad and rubbed the glue off gently. finally i decided not to go for that bag.

Thank you Laetitya, delmilano, brunettetiger, ChiChi143 and chaoyichien, your comments are very helpful. I think if Bal keeps raising up the price every year, they should pay attention to details like this. It does not feel good to rub glue off a new purchase.

Anyway, some body told me that Bal has a joint venture in China, producing shoes and other leather goods. Hope it’s a totally different line.