Does Your Bag Have To Match Your Shoes ?

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
South Florida
Nope. Today I wore black shoes with a bright green bag. Though I did stop by the Saks Off 5th Outlet and look at bright green shoes :nuts: But I normally don't match my bag to my shoes.

kathyrose

The Bargain Hunter
O.G.
Dec 12, 2005
Norman, OK
www.flickr.com
I typically wear black shoes. If I'm wearing any other colored shoes, I'd think about it but I don't really ponder over it a lot unless it really clashed right off the bat.

edsbgrl

Smile!
O.G.
Dec 14, 2005
Not at all. I try to dress with a bit of a funky edge. Nothing completely "out there" but not so prim and proper. Just modern.

BeccaLynn07

Jan 16, 2006
What's everyone's opinion on carrying something LV monogram with another color shoes? (such as:...black shoes?)

Feb 15, 2006
I think LV monogram canvas can go with almost any outfit. I wouldn't carry it with an evening gown, but almost anything else is fair game.

susan-eric

Jan 6, 2006
They often will both be black (I live in NYC), but I am learning to also used a purse with color as an accent and then--no! Definitely not shoes to match the color! Too Doris Day for me.

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Miami
I prefer it but it is absolutley not necessary - I think it's more important that my shoes cooridinate properly with my pants.

Feb 15, 2006
SuzyZ said:
I prefer it but it is absolutley not necessary - I think it's more important that my shoes cooridinate properly with my pants.
I agree. My shoes must match my outfit. I am a little more flexible with my purse. The bags I carry everyday are neutral usually Louis Vuitton, Gucci etc. in basic colors. However, I am leaning towards buying clutch bags in various colors to add to my collection. This is so Girlfriends/Sex in the City.

helenNZ

O.G.
Jan 8, 2006
hehe, i know i posted up a comment about 2-3 weeks ago, but hehehe, today i must of got dressed in the dark or something.... anyway i've got my white ethnies skate shoes on and i wore my black city Balenciaga to work today!!! totally not matching at all - i actually feel like a fashion retard or try hard today!!! hahaha! :weird:

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
www.purseblog.com
I wouldn't mind having matching bags and shoes... I can't say that I own one pair like that right now...

So does that mean I need to go shopping? Haha