Does waiting make it better?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. [This thread is NOT what you think!]

When you decide you HAVE to have some hard-to-get bag and you need to wait for it, does that build the excitement or reduce it?

I preordered an IF Carina "Stud Muffin" (ok, that makes it seem like the thread IS what you thought at first!) and its due in about four weeks. In some ways, I kinda feel like I have the bag already and the actual possession-taking will be a let-down. I'm seriously contemplating giving it up because other things have caught my eye since I plunked my $ down.

Maybe if I actually carried the Carina these past few weeks, it would become 'mine' and part of my life and I'd love it but I'm just not feeling it. Of course, I won't cancel my preorder now. I'll go in when it comes in and see and feel it and then make a decision.

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't happen if I was waiting for a Birkin. Maybe this means the big, studded hobo phase is over for me....

2. I really loved the stud muffin when u first showed us a couple weeks back, but I changed my mind on it because it has a few studs too many.

There are some more great IF bags coming out, maybe u should wait and see, just to compare.

3. Issmom - I guess I have no life because I automatically assumed the thread was about waiting to buy your favorite handbag... !!! LOL!

4. I think it depends, there was a Gucci I really wanted a while ago, and then a different shape one caught my mind and I changed my mind. But then there were these sunglasses, and I waited a while and then I just wanted them more and more! So I think it can go either way ... but if you aren't completely psyched about it, I would shop a little more if I were you, you might find something you like better!

5. I feel the same way you do Issmom. I have the Chloe Paddington on pre-order right now, set to come in sometime soon...but since I put my name on the list I have seen other things and the waiting just sucks :sad:

6. How do waiting lists work? I've never placed my name on a waiting list for anything, but I am thinking about it.