Does Veau Togo leather cost more?

fairurban

Dec 24, 2009
Dear Hermes experts,
I've been trying to sell my new Hermes bag (see link below) and received a lot of comments from people that they can purchase the same bag at a much lower price, that I am over-charging. However, I believe the price difference is in the type of leather used to make the bag. Is that true? For instance, Epsom leather might cost a little less than Togo.

Also, is there a difference between Retourne Togo and Veau Togo?

Thanks!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...ne-ambre-togo-kelly-28.1020113/#post-33444977

QuelleFromage

Jan 15, 2011
LA and Dubai
Not sure what you're asking? Your price is above retail for this specific bag, at least translated into USD. Yes, Epsom is a little less expensive than Togo...a little, not a lot.
Togo is by no means the most expensive non-exotic Hermès leather - chèvre, Box Calf, Barenia, all cost more, among others. It's a "normal" leather price wise.
Retourné is the style of the bag (made and turned inside-out, soft edges). Veau just means calf, it's a calf leather called Togo. Hope that makes sense.
Mods, should this be in Shopping, or in the auctions thread?

Reactions: fairurban
Apr 15, 2007
OP, the color 'speaks" for itself & will attract the right buyer.
The condition is glorious & just be patient as the right buyer will come along.
If there is interest/offer(s) you might want to consider some flexibility in price..
It looks like you posted it fairly recently & if people are commenting, you are on your
way

Reactions: Txoceangirl
Feb 11, 2006
well, your price is in AU dollars, converted to usd it's 13K+
Over retail but i've seen higher asking prices for similar bags
Togo is togo. No difference. And it's not one of the more pricey leathers.

Reactions: fairurban

fairurban

Dec 24, 2009
Not sure what you're asking? Your price is above retail for this specific bag, at least translated into USD. Yes, Epsom is a little less expensive than Togo...a little, not a lot.
Togo is by no means the most expensive non-exotic Hermès leather - chèvre, Box Calf, Barenia, all cost more, among others. It's a "normal" leather price wise.
Retourné is the style of the bag (made and turned inside-out, soft edges). Veau just means calf, it's a calf leather called Togo. Hope that makes sense.
Mods, should this be in Shopping, or in the auctions thread?
Yup that makes sense. I'm such a noob. thanks for all the info!! much appreciated. Sorry if I posted at the wrong spot.

Reactions: QuelleFromage