Does vachetta always turn golden brown?

Princessdiamond

Punjabi Princess
Aug 2, 2009
I am new to LV and in actual fact vachetta worries me. I so want to own a monogram print bag, but fear the vachetta will turn a murky, dirty brown colour. Is this always the case? I have seen some nasty looking bags on ebay where this has happened. Once the leather patinas and turns golden, does it continue and get darker & darker? Please someone clarify. I think I may be okay with honey colour leaher, but murky, ugly brown...mmm...not so sure! thanks in advance...hope I posted in correct window!

I'm sorry but yes, vachetta does continue to get darker.
Vachetta is like our skin, we get a tan in the sun and so does vachetta but unfortunetly vachetta doesn't loose it's tan! :graucho:

Its too bad that you dont like the vachetta. Cos it really narrows your options with the monogram :sad: However it can take years until it gets very dark brown. It just depends on how much you use it. Personally I think the patina gives it a beautifull vintage look.

But there are Monogram bags who dont have vachetta like the Macassar line.

Vachetta will patina to a very wonderful color over the years. I assume the murkiness you are worried about is grime. A little care will prevent that.

It is so funny that you mention the ebay bags! When I sell on ebay I always write something like,

"The handles show no wear. The portion of the handles where you carry the bag do not show dirt or marks from hands at all—I am sure you have seen other LV listings with darkened, dirty, ugly handles—that is not the case with this bag. The handles on my bag are an even patina and CLEAN."

Patina is different from dirt!

^^ the leather will patina but not as much, the leather will patina from air as well as use and sun, i have a friend who was given an LV almost 10 years ago and just stared using it now because i MADE her lol it has spent all this time in its dust bag in her wardrobe and has a beautiful, clean, even golden honey color tan

It is so funny that you mention the ebay bags! When I sell on ebay I always write something like,

"The handles show no wear. The portion of the handles where you carry the bag do not show dirt or marks from hands at all—I am sure you have seen other LV listings with darkened, dirty, ugly handles—that is not the case with this bag. The handles on my bag are an even patina and CLEAN."

Patina is different from dirt!
LOL, I remember that listing, it was for a cherry blossom papillon.

That person ended up cutting the price 3 or 4 times and selling that bag way lower than most, I guess her BS didn't work.