Does USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope go through Parcel Force UK?

^ Here's the post:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-for...charges-please-help-386325-3.html#post8684569

I think there might be another thread where I go on about them, a bit more, but this is the one I found first. :smile:

Thanks for the link. I think the only reason why I havn't had any problems is because I had my package delivered to my boyf mums place - she's a child minder so is always at home to receive packages. Plus with EMS Japan it was an extremely good service so it's probably different from the US.

Good to know though. I'll let you know if my package from HK comes via ParcelForce just for fyi.

^ Thanks, cookie! :biggrin:

Oh I see, well if someone's definitely going to be in, they're probably OK, then. :yes:

Although, there may still be issues with excessive duties/VAT, of course - but maybe that depends on the individual depot (mine would be a different one from yours, BTW)? :shrugs:

^ Ah, yes, it could well be similar, here, couldn't it, Kittie?

Only Parce Force, rather than DHL (wish it was DHL!).

Very good info, thanks! :flowers:

The reason I'm asking about this now, BTW, is because I won a really cute little Givenchy Coin Purse from, what seems like, a really wonderful seller and they were going to send it via USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope, but because the name was similar to USPS Global Priority Mail, I became a bit paranoid and so, the seller offered to ship it via USPS First Class Registered, instead.

So, glad to hear that First Class is a quick, reliable service (that, almost certainly, won't go through PF!)! :tup:

My JC charms usually come to me via first class, it seems quicker than any other method ! they're here within 4-5 days from the US.

My JC charms usually come to me via first class, it seems quicker than any other method ! they're here within 4-5 days from the US.

weird, huh?! But it's the same the other way around when I ship an item via DHL it takes a minimum of 7 days but mostly even 10-14, if I ship the via the Letterservice of "Deutsche Post" I had items show up in the US within 3 days. I just don't get?! :nogood:

^ Oh, OK. :yes:

If that's the case, it pretty much means I can never buy anything big from outside the EU, then. :shrugs:

Unless it's so valuable that it's worth paying for FedEx, or whatever, anyway.
l found EMS is great, Japan/Australia l think use them......within 5 days, no probs......Fed-ex are not great either, but at least the fees make sense, unlike ParcelFarce.....love that name you gave them:P

^ LOL! :lol:

Thanks, alfiebach! ;)

Yes, I'd forgotten about that nickname, until I revisited that thread! :biggrin:

I always use EMS. Sad that it does go via parcelfarce (gosh that 13 pound handling fee stinks!) but when I used Air Mail Registered Insured Royal Mail instead, I nearly had heart failure when it took 2 weeks and nobody updated the website from when it left Japan until after it was delivered. Luckily the buyer was a patient sort. I was having kittens!

Either Parcelforce or Royal Mail seem to universally apply Customs Duty. Just a fact of life for the UK it seems.

^ Actually, to be fair, I find the occasional thing does slip through with the Royal Mail and at least, when they do charge, they seem to always charge the correct amount (unlike Parcel Force!). :yes:

It's not so much the handling fee I have a problem with (although, it is really excessive, I agree), it's the fact that they seem to make the duty and VAT charges up as they go along and they bear no relation to the price paid (even when that price is retail!) and are always far higher than they should be (never lower!) and then, of course, once set, they're effectively written in stone, as they won't let you collect the parcel (30 miles away!) until you've paid them and even if you manage to finally get through to a human being, they won't listen to reason! :rolleyes:

That's once you've managed to figure out that they must have your parcel, of course; which is no easy task, in itself, as they don't 'do' delivery notes! :rant: :lol:

2 weeks? Oh dear... :sweatdrop:

Last edited:
^ Actually, to be fair, I find the occasional thing does slip through with the Royal Mail and at least, when they do charge, they seem to always charge the correct amount (unlike Parcel Force!). :yes:

It's not so much the handling fee I have a problem with (although, it is really excessive, I agree), it's the fact that they seem to make the duty and VAT charges up as they go along and they bear no relation to the price paid (even when that price is retail!) and are always far higher than they should be (never lower!) and then, of course, once set, they're effectively written in stone, as they won't let you collect the parcel (30 miles away!) until you've paid them and even if you manage to finally get through to a human being, they won't listen to reason! :rolleyes:

That's once you've managed to figure out that they must have your parcel, of course; which is no easy task, in itself, as they don't 'do' delivery notes! :rant: :lol:

2 weeks? Oh dear... :sweatdrop:

No delivery notes!! That's a shock. I noticed that the Royal Mail general site says you can't track an incoming parcel, but I managed to trip over one version of their site which allowed me to do it. So I can usually see when an item is finally being delivered. I just assumed that the buyer would get the note from the Delivery Driver if they were out when it arrived. Thanks to you, maybe I will send the buyer an update email when the item is marked out for delivery. Or maybe that's overkill. But with an expensive item, you want to know where it is!!!

^ Yes, absolutely. :yes:

No, I don't think that would be overkill, at all. :nogood:

Of course, some people say they're fine with PF, so maybe it's just the one in my area (if 30 miles away qualifies as 'in my area'?! :lol: )? :shrugs:

FYI - EMS in Hong Kong also goes through Parcel Force in UK.

I had my HG bag delivered from there. Seller sent it Monday and it was delivered Wednesday. Now that's fast!

My Parcel Force depot is only a 10 minute drive away so I think that has something to do with it. Sucks that yours is 30 miles away

FYI - EMS in Hong Kong also goes through Parcel Force in UK.

I had my HG bag delivered from there. Seller sent it Monday and it was delivered Wednesday. Now that's fast!

My Parcel Force depot is only a 10 minute drive away so I think that has something to do with it. Sucks that yours is 30 miles away

That's excellent customer service cookie888 you must have been thrilled!

^ I was completely thrilled...and shocked! EMS in Japan is also very good - but you'd already know that being based in Japan.

Sure do. I love the fact that I can post an item at my local post office at 6pm and it leaves Japan by 11.25pm the same night. And I'm out in the countryside a little so it has to do 2 steps before it arrives at the airport. It always impresses me!