Does twiggy have a stiff bottom?

mamapao

Jul 22, 2008
I just bought 2007 twiggy bag as a brand new condition. I have 2008 day bags and they are soft. But the twiggy's leather is very stiff, especially the bottom. The bag's previous owner seems not done any maintenance to moisturize it. It is my first twiggy and I'm wondering if the twiggy has a stiff and hard bottom strengthened to some weight? :confused1:

I applied tons of Apple conditioner on it, but it is still very stiff.

Thank you for your reply, ladyisobel.

When the bag is bent, it makes cracking sound like medium hard plastic board. Also feels like that. Ohter parts of leather were softened more after Apple conditioner. But not the bottom part.

It bothered me a lot. So I went to Bal NY and checked a twiggy bag. It has a soft bottom. I was shocked how the time made the leather so hard. :faint: A seller said she has never used the bag and stored it in her closet.

It's Blue Gracier.
The color is very faded and yellowish. The leather is stiff. Some sealants are cracked.

It is very sad to see how dead it is. :death: I asked the seller to take it back and she agreed with it.

I read a thread about light color bags' color fading issue. Bal NY has some Turquoise bags. But I saw how bad the twiggy became. So I'm holding my horse very tight.

I'm glad this worked out for you! Light blue bals are very beautiful but generally prone to fading. I'm sorry that you have to go through the disappointment tho. Hope you will find another gorgeous bag!