Does this sound fishy to you? Am I overreacting?

balihai88

O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
I recently sold a Chanel on eCrater, my first eCrater sale. I took all the same precautions with the listing as I do with my eBay sales, to try to prevent or at least discourage any scams. Unfortunately I don't think on eCrater you can check feedback (correct me if I'm mistaken).

When the buyer received the bag, she emailed me to tell me it's beautiful and she loves it, but that she could not find the hologram sticker. I responded right away and told her it's located in the corner of the interior pocket. I did not hear back from her, so I emailed again a few days later to confirm that she had found the hologram and was happy with the bag. She wrote back saying she looked everywhere but there is no hologram sticker. I responded by describing the exact size and location of the sticker, and assuring her that I am absolutely sure it's there.

If she responds (again) telling me she still can't find it or it's not there, what should I do? I'm worried that she is going to try to claim that the bag is not authentic. Thanks for any advice.

Ask her to take a picture of the entire interior pocket (or wherever the hologram sticker is supposed to be). Maybe as she's trying to do this she'll magically "find" the sticker (?)

Good luck!

Ask her to take a picture of the entire interior pocket (or wherever the hologram sticker is supposed to be). Maybe as she's trying to do this she'll magically "find" the sticker (?)

Good luck!

I thought about that but realized she could photograph the interior of a pocket in any bag of the same color. That's why I though it could discourage the buyer to be a PITA if the seller has and sends her a photo of it. But it could go either way.

I have photos of the hologram sticker with the authenticity card next to it, to show that the numbers match, and I included one in the listing. It doesn't actually show where the sticker is, because I zoomed in on it (so you just see the black leather background, not the actual pocket). But it wouldn't hurt to send it to her, thanks for the suggestion.

Just thinking ahead, what if she continues to claim it's not there?

She probably is legit and just genuinely can't find it. If you don't know exactly where to look then a lot of people are clueless about where date stamps, holograms etc. are.

Thanks for the responses and support, the buyer did end up finding the hologram sticker after I gave her very specific instructions. I'm glad I was just overreacting!