Does this seem strange to you? Chanel receipt question!

antheakate

Nov 6, 2011
I have a small collection of Chanel bags purchased from the boutique myself, however this receipt is from a bag I was just about to purchase from a reseller.

The bag is a Chanel Caviar Double Flap Jumbo with SHW..

I have attached a photo.
The bag was purchased 23/12/2011 but the hologram/serial number is 16874609.

Can this be correct? Does this serial number correspond with 2011?? I thought 16 series was from 2012 onwards......

The font etc looks exactly the same as all of my other original receipts.....

Please help if you can!

Attachments

• chanelreceiptlane.jpg
    chanelreceiptlane.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 11,121
I have a small collection of Chanel bags purchased from the boutique myself, however this receipt is from a bag I was just about to purchase from a reseller.

The bag is a Chanel Caviar Double Flap Jumbo with SHW..

I have attached a photo.
The bag was purchased 23/12/2011 but the hologram/serial number is 16874609.

Can this be correct? Does this serial number correspond with 2011?? I thought 16 series was from 2012 onwards......

The font etc looks exactly the same as all of my other original receipts.....

Please help if you can!
Well my gst that I purchased this year in January is a series 16, not sure when 16 came out though.

Both gst and jumbos are popular bags, would series 16 be about for a year?

I had an 11a Act 11 was 154xxxxxx and I had a 12P Half Moon that was 159xxxxx. 168xxxxx for end of 2011 doesn't sound right. Hmmm it is printed on the receipt though. Does it match the hologram sticker & card?

I had an 11a Act 11 was 154xxxxxx and I had a 12P Half Moon that was 159xxxxx. 168xxxxx for end of 2011 doesn't sound right. Hmmm it is printed on the receipt though. Does it match the hologram sticker & card?
Yes it is printed on the receipt, the photo of the receipt is attached in my question above!
Please have a look at it and let me know!

and thank you for getting back to me

I saw the receipt. I can't tell from that. Does it match the hologram sticker & Authenticity card? Have you tried posting all needed photos in the Authenticate this thread?

I saw the receipt. I can't tell from that. Does it match the hologram sticker & Authenticity card? Have you tried posting all needed photos in the Authenticate this thread?
Yes it does match the authenticity card and hologram, I can't seem to attach a photo, but it does match..

and the receipt has the hologram on it also..

Perhaps because it was right before Christmas and the Jumbo is a sought after bag that sells out, it is just possible that it was newly arrived...

Hi antheakate! 168 from 2011 does not sound right at all! My Chanel 3 flap from 11A has the number starting with 153.
My 2.55 reissue from June 2012 starts with 163 and my large Mademoiselle bowling bag from September 2012 starts with 164! Then a seasonal flap I bought at the end of October 2012 has 172 on the sticker. These were from the 12A season. So that 168 bag definitely belongs to the 12A collection.

Hope that helps :smile:

Hi antheakate! 168 from 2011 does not sound right at all! My Chanel 3 flap from 11A has the number starting with 153.
My 2.55 reissue from June 2012 starts with 163 and my large Mademoiselle bowling bag from September 2012 starts with 164! Then a seasonal flap I bought at the end of October 2012 has 172 on the sticker. These were from the 12A season. So that 168 bag definitely belongs to the 12A collection.

Hope that helps :smile:
Yes it does help, but I'm still bewildered about how the receipt is 100% the same as my other Chanel receipts......?

How does that work?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know the makers of replica bags can reproduce fake copies but this one (in my picture above) looks completely legit!

I am really not sure how these number run but based on my own bags:
I have a seasonal bag bought 2012 June running at 162 series
My classic black caviar jumbo bought in 2012 September running at 165 series.
My WOC bought 2012 Nov runs 169 series.
I also bought a medium classic that runs 154 series in 2012 September.
Based on my bags series I will probably not think how a 168 series could be sold in 2011. It is possible to buy older series bags but not "advance" series. Stocks in Singapore sells v fast so I believe the series are quite accurate in reflecting the time of manufacturing. :smile:

I was within an hour of transferring $3000 to a scammer but thank goodness for a fellow tpf member posting in the 'post fake here' with the same receipt pictured above!

I will start a thread with the whole story so stay tuned, I hope to save other women from this disgusting low life scam artist who had got away with it before and almost got away with it again!

Thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart

Thanks Anthea, I lost $ 2450 for that bag with exactly receipt photo like you and photos of hologram and authentic card with that number 16874609. What I get is a bag with size 11" long with hologram fly some where in the bottom. As soon as I call her, phone rang but no answer so I let everyone here to note her name to contact to me and her phone number is Hannah Roberts, 0470299769. I think some one here know how to check that number on mobile phone company. First transfer to her on ANZ return to me- I should stop sending money to her by that reason and she send me her friend Acc from Commonwealth bank and that transfer completed, her friend name Caroline Anthony, acc number 062020 - 10227095. Outside of the Percy post sent to my from Kingsford 2032 so should be wear from them and I ve seen lot of item list on eBay from Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland are fake as well, look carefully, more communication and asking more photos if you want to buy any thing from Australia, now I understand why a lot of seller on eBay don't want to ship to Australia. Feel sorry for Oz and myself

Last edited:
Thanks Anthea, I lost $ 2450 for that bag with exactly receipt photo like you and photos of hologram and authentic card with that number 16874609. What I get is a bag with size 11" long with hologram fly some where in the bottom. As soon as I call her, phone rang but no answer so I let everyone here to note her name to contact to me and her phone number is Hannah Roberts, 0470299769. I think some one here know how to check that number on mobile phone company. First transfer to her on ANZ return to me- I should stop sending money to her by that reason and she send me her friend Acc from Commonwealth bank and that transfer completed, her friend name Caroline Anthony, acc number 062020 - 10227095. Outside of the Percy post sent to my from Kingsford 2032 so should be wear from them and I ve seen lot of item list on eBay from Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland are fake as well, look carefully, more communication and asking more photos if you want to buy any thing from Australia, now I understand why a lot of seller on eBay don't want to ship to Australia. Fell shame for OZ and ...me
We don't know her real name, she told me her name was Lane Stevens!!

She is the BIGGEST scam artist, offering free postage to make you feel special. I wonder if I had paid her whether I would have ever received the bag!