Does this price increase mean you will start buying more pre-loved?

Sep 3, 2008
I've noticed a lot of people, myself included, are upset with the latest price increase. It really makes me sad that Louis Vuitton keeps hiking up their prices, despite the large number of various complaints about the quality, service, etc. Trust me, I realize these complaints have been around forever and are nothing new, it's just an observation of mine. I also realize price increases are the norm, and will continue to happen in the future.

Personally, I've decided that if there is a bag I want I am going to start looking for pre-loved before I decide to buy directly from Louis Vuitton again. This doesn't mean I'm going to stay away from shopping the boutique or online store forever, it just means I'm going to be more conscious of looking elsewhere first.

I really want to buy a Empriente Lumi in the new future, but seeing as the price will be much more in the US on Monday than what it currently is, I will go the pre-loved route.

Im not adverse to ending, but a particular bag i want , i have watched increase in price by over £500 in less than a year! i first fell in love withthe Melrose Avenue in the summer, back then it was £1460, then came the october increase which saw it jump to £1860 now its over £2000! thats over 25% increase in less than 12 months, still love the bag but will be looking for it pre loved. even the Alma vernis has jumped from £960 to £1040 and now £1160! crazy!

&&ilovebags;24012664 said:
I've noticed a lot of people, myself included, are upset with the latest price increase. It really makes me sad that Louis Vuitton keeps hiking up their prices, despite the large number of various complaints about the quality, service, etc. Trust me, I realize these complaints have been around forever and are nothing new, it's just an observation of mine. I also realize price increases are the norm, and will continue to happen in the future.

Personally, I've decided that if there is a bag I want I am going to start looking for pre-loved before I decide to buy directly from Louis Vuitton again. This doesn't mean I'm going to stay away from shopping the boutique or online store forever, it just means I'm going to be more conscious of looking elsewhere first.

I really want to buy a Empriente Lumi in the new future, but seeing as the price will be much more in the US on Monday than what it currently is, I will go the pre-loved route.

I agree!!
Check Yoogis Closet, they post a great selection of bags.... I bought an empreiente speedy and a lumi pm from them both had never been used.

I'm not opposed to preloved bags but I do love a good boutique experience. I want a speedy B in DE someday and maybe I will look for a good deal preloved. Until then I'm happy with what I have bag wise.

I buy pre-LVoed a lot anyway, but some bags just aren't worth the increase IMHO. $940 for a neverfull mm is bananas, $895 for a speedy 35? Hell naw!

The plus side of the increase is getting more $$ when we sell our items!

I personally research all bags I want ....so pre loved is definitely an option... But if the pre loved price isn't much lower than retail.... Then definitely going to the boutique

I definitely would be looking into preloved more, no cloth tags, better quality, much lower prices and the sellers could be nicer than LV boutique SA's. I have found some very great quality bags on ebay. You have to be careful of authenticity of course. Thanks for starting this thread. I really think that this price increase was extremely brutal and uncalled for. I'm just seriously getting more and more disappointed in the brand as it goes.