Cartier Love Bracelet Sizing Thread!

Thank you. Both sizes go through my wrist bone no problem and don’t bother me. Just one concern was that the gap (pic1) seemed to be huge for size17 compared to the size 16, which is why I ended up with size 16. Seems like my forearm is lot bigger than my wrist.. Does yours also have a big gap like this?
I feel the 17 is big.....here is a pic of the 17 on me
IMG_3943.jpeg

My husband gave me my Love bracelet 10 years ago and it's a size 18. I really should have a size 17. The SA insisted that the 18 was correct. I have not taken it off even once. Like other's have mentioned, it's kind of nice to be able to push it up your arm, out of the way. When I got my JUC, instead of getting one size down, the 17, I went two sizes down to the 16. Even though the SA wanted me to get the 17, I stuck with my feelings. This way, the Love no longer goes over my wrist bone into my palm. Once in a while, it will cross over, but not regularly. For me, this is a great way to wear a bigger Love. I hope that helps.

cartier stack.JPG

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I need some help/suggestions for deciding my size. I’m either size 16 or 17. Sometimes 16 feels a bit snug in the morning but SA strongly suggested to keep the 16. I went back to try on 17 and attached are how it looked. Is there too much gap in the first picture? I like where 17 sits on my arm but my SA said it looks like a bangle rather than a bracelet. Whoever that went with a “looser” fit, does yours also have this much gap? Last 2 pictures are size 16 and show how much gap it has and how it looks in the morning.

View attachment 5402095

View attachment 5402096

View attachment 5402097

View attachment 5402098

View attachment 5402099

I wore a 16 for about 9 months and just sized up to a 17 (after a looong internal debate) bc I wanted a looser look. My wrist is 14.5 cm at the bone and 14 cm at its smallest. Mine also has a gap but so far I'm enjoying how much freer it feels on my wrist, and how I can push it up out of the way when using a keyboard. If you like where the 17 sits and the 16 sometimes feels snug, I agree with others who said to go with your gut. Also, I find that the gap tends to be less prominent in real life since my bracelet tends to naturally sit further up on the thicker portion of my arm, plus other people generally won't be viewing the bracelet from the same angle as you :smile:

Here is how my 17 fits, and I’ve linked an old post with pictures of my 16 for comparison. HTH!

Attachments

• F5ADC057-19B8-4F46-BB0C-9848F5EA734F.jpeg
    F5ADC057-19B8-4F46-BB0C-9848F5EA734F.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 98
  • 2F9BB791-5256-4553-AE40-1FCE81B92D9B.jpeg
    2F9BB791-5256-4553-AE40-1FCE81B92D9B.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 0201A62C-F568-439F-BC4D-47AB7370AE06.jpeg
    0201A62C-F568-439F-BC4D-47AB7370AE06.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Roarxx
I wore a 16 for about 9 months and just sized up to a 17 (after a looong internal debate) bc I wanted a looser look. My wrist is 14.5 cm at the bone and 14 cm at its smallest. Mine also has a gap but so far I'm enjoying how much freer it feels on my wrist, and how I can push it up out of the way when using a keyboard. If you like where the 17 sits and the 16 sometimes feels snug, I agree with others who said to go with your gut. Also, I find that the gap tends to be less prominent in real life since my bracelet tends to naturally sit further up on the thicker portion of my arm, plus other people generally won't be viewing the bracelet from the same angle as you :smile:

Here is how my 17 fits, and I’ve linked an old post with pictures of my 16 for comparison. HTH!

What did you end up doing to exchange sizes? Did you sell your 16 / did you have to take a loss to do that? I'm debating doing the same thing. Thank you!

What did you end up doing to exchange sizes? Did you sell your 16 / did you have to take a loss to do that? I'm debating doing the same thing. Thank you!

Hi! I haven't decided if I will sell the size 16 yet since it gives a different look (and is in a different metal), so I'm holding onto it for now as it gives me the option to have some variety. I'm also holding onto it in case I change my mind on sizing, since I've read on TPF about others' experiences where they eventually regretted sizing up. If I later decide I want to sell or size up/down in one of my bracelets, and resellers are giving me low buyout offers, I may instead use Cartier's reproduction service where they charge 60% of the price to recreate your bracelet in a different size, if that results in me taking less of a loss. I'm also in no rush to sell right now bc, as prices continue to increase, resale prices (and buyout offers) seem to increase accordingly. Good luck with your decision!

Thank you for sharing! Does your size 17 go over your palm? One thing I didn’t look into was that sizing up will make the bracelet pass my wrist and sits on my palm a little bit..

Thank you for sharing! Does your size 17 go over your palm? One thing I didn’t look into was that sizing up will make the bracelet pass my wrist and sits on my palm a little bit..

It hangs on the palm a little bit, but only on the outside of my palm where my pinky is. My hands are kind of big so I think that prevents the bracelet from falling too low. I definitely still notice it bc my 16 didn't touch my palm at all. I probably need time to get used to the feeling, but so far I haven't found it annoying nor does the bracelet feel like its getting in the way.

Hi everyone I can’t decide if I should keep this small love bracelet? I have child-like wrists i.e. very small wrists at 12.5cm if I measure across the wrist bone - slightly smaller at 12cm if I measure further up! I got the smallest love bracelet in size 15 and feel that it slides too high up on my arm?? I don’t like the look of this as I noticed it is usually slightly lower on most ladies? What do you think? Thank you!

94B2217A-4791-4C39-9D16-271CFE89D400.jpeg

Hi everyone I can’t decide if I should keep this small love bracelet? I have child-like wrists i.e. very small wrists at 12.5cm if I measure across the wrist bone - slightly smaller at 12cm if I measure further up! I got the smallest love bracelet in size 15 and feel that it slides too high up on my arm?? I don’t like the look of this as I noticed it is usually slightly lower on most ladies? What do you think? Thank you!

View attachment 5408159
It is beautiful but I agree it should be more close to your wrist...

If you don’t like the look, the feel, or the function of a larger bracelet, then return or exchange.

I prefer bracelets to slide up so I can type and they can move. I also think it’s more elegant and doesn’t cut my wrist off visually. I have larger wrists, but I can easily get two plus fingers in between. I also wear statement rings sometimes and want some space between them for both to shine. Most TPFers would think mine too loose, so I am in the minority :smile:

here is someone else who wears bracelets loose #11

Last edited:
My love bracelet goes up about 2 inches up my wrist. I like it with a looser fit. My SA said it should move up and down about an inch or so. Yours seems too loose for you. But if it doesn't bother you, I say keep it.

• Love
Reactions: 880
I do not like the look of a tight bracelet and do not understand these tight loves. I much prefer a bangle that is free to move on the wrist. That being said, that is MY preference. You have to go with what you like. Not what I like or how you think the bracelet should be worn or how others tell you it should be worn.

I do think there is slightly more risk to the screw coming undone if it is free flowing (I may be wrong in this) but a little loctite and a care regime will solve that.

I think it looks nice. Did you try the regular size Love? I needed a bigger size in the regular compared to the small. It's thicker I think (??). So maybe the regular 15 would be an option.

Reactions: Luvshandbags