Does this love bracelet look right on my arm? Should I keep it?

Sep 6, 2021
Hi everyone I can’t decide if I should keep this small love bracelet? I have child-like wrists i.e. very small wrists at 12.5cm if I measure across the wrist bone - slightly smaller at 12cm if I measure further up! I got the smallest love bracelet in size 15 and feel that it slides too high up on my arm?? I don’t like the look of this as I noticed it is usually slightly lower on most ladies? What do you think? Thank you!

94B2217A-4791-4C39-9D16-271CFE89D400.jpeg

Shangri La

May 25, 2021
Hi everyone I can’t decide if I should keep this small love bracelet? I have child-like wrists i.e. very small wrists at 12.5cm if I measure across the wrist bone - slightly smaller at 12cm if I measure further up! I got the smallest love bracelet in size 15 and feel that it slides too high up on my arm?? I don’t like the look of this as I noticed it is usually slightly lower on most ladies? What do you think? Thank you!

View attachment 5408159
It is beautiful but I agree it should be more close to your wrist...

twinzluvagrl

IG @sincerelyophelia NYC Fashion & Beauty Blogger
O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
NYC
15 is the lowest size they do for this I believe. I think it can be closer to wrist but it looks ok still! You can stack some smaller bracelets perhaps!

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
If you don’t like the look, the feel, or the function of a larger bracelet, then return or exchange.

I prefer bracelets to slide up so I can type and they can move. I also think it’s more elegant and doesn’t cut my wrist off visually. I have larger wrists, but I can easily get two plus fingers in between. I also wear statement rings sometimes and want some space between them for both to shine. Most TPFers would think mine too loose, so I am in the minority :smile:

here is someone else who wears bracelets loose #11

Last edited:

mursepurse

O.G.
Feb 13, 2010
My love bracelet goes up about 2 inches up my wrist. I like it with a looser fit. My SA said it should move up and down about an inch or so. Yours seems too loose for you. But if it doesn't bother you, I say keep it.

• Love
Reactions: 880

A1aGypsy

Miserable AF
Aug 2, 2017
I do not like the look of a tight bracelet and do not understand these tight loves. I much prefer a bangle that is free to move on the wrist. That being said, that is MY preference. You have to go with what you like. Not what I like or how you think the bracelet should be worn or how others tell you it should be worn.

I do think there is slightly more risk to the screw coming undone if it is free flowing (I may be wrong in this) but a little loctite and a care regime will solve that.

emo4488

O.G.
Jun 7, 2012
I think it looks nice. Did you try the regular size Love? I needed a bigger size in the regular compared to the small. It's thicker I think (??). So maybe the regular 15 would be an option.

Reactions: Luvshandbags

lill_canele

Pug mom <3
Jun 21, 2021
California
If I had to choose between something relatively too tight or too loose, I'd rather go with too loose. It's the same for clothes and rings for me. It's more comfortable to me.

However, I do prefer my love bracelet to have more space. That way I can stack or wear a watch.
Especially in this day and age where people are bold enough to point a gun at you for a Chanel bag, I also like the choice of being able to push them under long sleeves to be more inconspicuous. (sad, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.)

I have the regular love and am wearing a size 16, and the distance of movement for me is about 3 inches. (~7.6 cm)
I remember when I put on the size 15, it was stuck very close to my hand and only had 1 inch of space, and that was too close for comfort for me.

But all in all, it really depends on your preferences and what you feel comfortable with. If you like a more fitted bracelet, and you still really really want the love, I'd go custom made. Maybe you can go ask your SA about what he/she thinks about getting a custom made bracelet and you can get more info to help you decide.

Good luck!

• Insightful
Reactions: PC1984 and 880

Buddha007

May 4, 2013
The love bracelet is not supposed to fit loose like a bangle. I think it slides way too high. :/

Jun 11, 2009
I think it looks good but it’s personal preference. I like my bracelets to have some movement. Also, if you look at the love bracelets on the Cartier website, the pictures of it on the models, they slide and sit higher up the arm like how it sits on you and even higher. I know the love bracelets were meant to be worn more snug before but looks like that isn’t the case anymore. Ultimately, it comes down to what feels comfortable on you and what kind of look you prefer.

prettyyybizarrre

Ready for my next bag
Jan 1, 2014
NOVA
I think it looks PERFECT on you. I've seen some people on this forum say they don't like the small love on its own because it's underwhelming but I disagree and your picture is the perfect example of why I disagree with that statement. It looks very classy and effortless on you. :loveeyes: