Does this look right (new Celine.com purchase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I am probably a bit gun shy from my counterfeit scare fiasco with a luggage nano a couple weeks ago but here it goes.
I purchased a brand new luggage micro from Celine.com but some things (mainly the dust bag) look off.
Can anyone tell me if these details check out?

main zipper has 8 on it, front zipper has an I.
Dust bag feels cheap. Not flannel material inside and one of the seams has loose threads and sloppy stitching.
I know I am being paranoid but I bought off of the Celine site expecting perfection and not having to worry about authenticity and I feel like it is just...less than what I expected which has me concerned.
Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Mariapia
Congrats on your new Luggage, you picked a gorgeous color! :heart:

I doubt you'd get a fake bag from the official website. Even if someone were to order one and then return a fake, I imagine the people who handle returned merchandise would've caught it - they're not some reseller, they're the official store, they know their brand.

The dustbag feels cheap because, apparently, Celine has gone down the popular route of cutting costs. :sad: Sad to see. Check out this thread (scroll down to the 2019 post): https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/have-the-celine-dustbags-changed-throughout-the-years.808405/

Does the bag itself have any faults? If you have any doubts, ask Sophia to take a look at it. She doesn't spend here much time anymore, but she's back and she's the one and only Celine authenticator here.

Thank you. The dustbag doesn’t have faults per se unless you count shabby sticking and sloppy interior seems faulty. Could just be poor manufacturing.
Based on the shipping info and my receipt, I bought it on the website but it shipped from the Dallas Celine boutique. Not sure if that makes it better or worse in terms of getting a potential swapped fake.

I am probably a bit gun shy from my counterfeit scare fiasco with a luggage nano a couple weeks ago but here it goes.
I purchased a brand new luggage micro from Celine.com but some things (mainly the dust bag) look off.
Can anyone tell me if these details check out?

main zipper has 8 on it, front zipper has an I.
Dust bag feels cheap. Not flannel material inside and one of the seams has loose threads and sloppy stitching.
I know I am being paranoid but I bought off of the Celine site expecting perfection and not having to worry about authenticity and I feel like it is just...less than what I expected which has me concerned.
Thanks

View attachment 4970688

View attachment 4970689

View attachment 4970690

View attachment 4970691

View attachment 4970692

View attachment 4970693
Beautiful! Off topic, but is this the Dark Olive color?

Well, I called the website and they said that they only have 2 left in the company, both at boutiques.
This one I received shipped from the Dallas boutique...

Is it illogical to question the .com or boutique? Not sure if I am being paranoid

Well, I called the website and they said that they only have 2 left in the company, both at boutiques.
This one I received shipped from the Dallas boutique...

Is it illogical to question the .com or boutique? Not sure if I am being paranoid
I think it is illogical. I genuinely don’t understand - if you don’t trust the official website and you don’t trust the brands stores to send you an authentic bag :shrugs:

Fair point. I guess I am just surprised at the condition I received the bag in and that sparked this “something doesn’t feel right” feeling.
The bag has loose threads all over it and comes with a couple soiled marks. Haven’t spent 3k on a bag and had that experience before. I expect it from eBay but then again...I wouldn’t be paying retail for a Celine bag on eBay ...

Status
Not open for further replies.