Does this happen to you? Weird question about high heels

maddog

Mmmkay
O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
Do the top of your toe nails of the big toes rub against the uppers of your leather closed toe pumps - thus making a squeaking sound every time you walk?

This is so embarrassing in quieter places! What do you do to fix this? Please tell me someone else has this problem and hopefully a solution! :shame:

Yes, I usually have polish on. Would the noise go away if I take it off or is it certain types of polish only? Is there any other way?

It seems to happen only in leather shoes.

Are you sure it's your nail making that sound and not something with the shoe itself? Do you wear pantyhose with the shoe? If you didn't want to wear pantyhose, what about those little Ped things that just cover your toes?

Yep, it's definitely the top of the toe nails. I keep my nails short too as long nails feel funny to me. Maybe my big toes are just extraordinarily large?!

I guess I'll have to try the ped things! Never thought of that! Thanks!

I hope it'll help! LMK, OK? Also, they sell these things (not sure what they're called) at the drug store that just go over one toe (like if you had an injury or something). That might be more comfortable if it's just the one toe that's making the noise, and possibly more invisible than the toe-peds, depending upon the style of your shoes.

That happened to me the last time I wore my leather chanel flats so I don't think it has to do with the quality or material of the shoe. I have no idea why it happens. I think I had just put lotion on my legs and feet. I was wearing nail polish on my toes too. Maybe it was the lotion. It doesn't always happen and I usually have polish on my toes. I'm glad you posted this so I don't feel so odd! Were you wearing lotion? Does this always happen or only sometimes? Maybe we can figure it out together. :shame:

Lawchick - Haha! I don't put lotion on but your post was funny cuz it reminded me of Silence of the Lamb! But I'm so glad you said you had the same problem too. I was starting to feel like an oddball. :smile:

The only shoes i have this problem with are all definitely leather high heels.