Does this Ferragamo call "I 'was' fall winter 08/09"?

lovely_bag

O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
Hello!

I tried this bag on today (see attached picture) and it looks very very nice on me. It is quite large and slouchy and very shiny (greyish color)

I want a classic bag, do you think this bag will be good in 2010 and 2011, too?

I can't afford a bag for only 1 or two seasons, even if its 50% off right now. (it was original 1.850$ and is now 50% off) I would also like a Minkoff Morning After Bag Mini, but it's not available in my homecountry.

So, what is your opinion on the Ferragamo?

My only luxury bag so far: LV Mono Neverfull MM, I use it every day. The Ferragamo would be the alternative everyday-bag.

other question: do you ever think people could take the patent leather for plastic? can you tell if it's leather or plastic? I am not sure ...
This sure IS leather, my nose tells me. :heart:

TIA :smile:

Attachments

• sf.jpg
    sf.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
I see no reason why you couldn't use this bag for many years. There is nothing overly trendy about it. While patent leather's popularity goes up and down over time, it is still a classic.

As for your other concern, if someone can't tell the difference between patent leather and plastic, their opinion can't possibly matter, can it? Don't let other people's ignorance influence your decision.:yes:

I actually had this bag in my hands and was going to purchase it. But then my husband walked up and I could not hide the purchase. It is a really nice bag - nice weight, big and roomy and the patent is really yummy. It's a really nice bag, I would not worry about the bag looking cheap. Not in any way. Nice Nice Nice and I wish it was in my collection. Bad husband, bad me for bringing him with me shopping.

I actually had this bag in my hands and was going to purchase it. But then my husband walked up and I could not hide the purchase. It is a really nice bag - nice weight, big and roomy and the patent is really yummy. It's a really nice bag, I would not worry about the bag looking cheap. Not in any way. Nice Nice Nice and I wish it was in my collection. Bad husband, bad me for bringing him with me shopping.
ohhh. the bag is too shiny to hide it successfully behind the SA's back.

I ship you my friend, she is a enabler for buys - contrary to you DH!

btw: would you have bought it for the full price?

ohhh. the bag is too shiny to hide it successfully behind the SA's back.

I ship you my friend, she is a enabler for buys - contrary to you DH!

btw: would you have bought it for the full price?

It was on sale at Bloomingdales and I had all my Bloomingdales certificates, so I didn't even think about buying it full price since this was the first time I had seen the bag. If I had the money and I didn't already have a grey bag, I would had paid full price. The leather is really touchable and the size is perfect for me.

lovely_bag - I have to say that I think it's a "lovely bag" :P

IMO, the shape is classic but I find that metallics tend to come in and out of style depending on the year and season...I recall reading articles in late 2007 saying "ugh...metallics are so out", but they came right back in in late 2008! I think metallics will keep coming back in style however you may find that it may not transition as easily from season to season.

I say as long as you feel good wearing it that's all that matters!:yes: I carry a Fendi bag circa late 80's/early 90's...some may think it's fake or "so 80's" since it's an older style, but I think she's a cutie and I love her.:heart: If you love her and you can see yourself wearing her in 2010 and 2011 then I say go for it!!

lovely_bag
The overall shape is indeed a classic and I think you can get years and years of wear with this bag, esp. since it is patent - you can use it in any weather and feel comfortable and confident!

I love the color as well....I think you found yourself a gem!!!

AND - my gosh - it is a Ferragamo......quality all the way!

I forgot to answer your other question - IMO there is *no* comparison between plastic and patent leather!

The silver gray of that bag is gorgeous, too. A classic neutral that dresses up any outfit IMO.