Does this ever happen to you?

LOL so you're the one who won the auction for the grey reissue 225! lucky duck! i am wishing there will be a 226 appearing soon.. post pics when you get it! i get comments like that sometimes, but my friends know about my bag craze so it's fine i guess? :graucho:

Normally the question I get is : "Is it real?"...Which my response is always a verbal "Are YOU for real?"..Or just a look that portrays the same thing..And if I am asked how much I paid I NEVER give up the price....Just say something like "Too much.." But I KNOW how the woman are where I work.....they probably go right on their computers and try to find out how much I paid..**sigh** Emmy rolls her eyes lol!!

This is why IRL I do not tell people how much I pay for my bags. I hate when people start up on what they won't pay. Who cares! As long as they're not funding my addiction, I feel like no one should be concerned with what I pay.

yahh unless they're a close friend that shares a bag passion i would really rather not talk about it.. i wonder why people think it's okay to ask how much something is?!?!?! i'm always embarrassed when people ask me that! not embarrassed per se but definitely awkward. :O

TPF is the only place where I will ask the price of something. I would never ask anyone IRL how much they paid for something. It's rude! :yucky:

I say it was an investment purchase and they shut up. Chanels hold their value and the styles are timeless. I am happy I can afford to own a few.

Also who wants to wear anything ordinary????? Bah humbug!!!!

I usually say something to kind of throw it off like "How much is that purse" "why, you wanna pay me back"? LOL. That usually makes them laugh and not notice that I didnt mention the price. With some people, I'd be mortified if they knew. The worse part is because I have several in my closet not just one.

LOL so you're the one who won the auction for the grey reissue 225! lucky duck! i am wishing there will be a 226 appearing soon.. post pics when you get it! i get comments like that sometimes, but my friends know about my bag craze so it's fine i guess? :graucho:

Yep that's me;)...I'm so excited to get it!! It should get here by either Friday or Saturday so I'll post pics as soon as the mailman arrives with it!! My boyfriend definately knows about my passion for bags and he knows not to ask how much something is (but I do feel comfortable telling him without receiving judgment). I guess others around me just don't understand that it's rude to ask and even ruder to respond by saying "O my god I would never pay that much!!"

I have 3 responses that I come to use. Depending on the person and what they are getting at...Some haters or just generally nosey people.
I laugh and say a couple of dollars or
I say why do you want to buy it- we can arrange a price or the classic
in your face response-
None of your damn business- if you got enough balls to ask such a rude questions I am giving you back a RUDE answer.. But it all depends on the person.
not every thing is for everybody

I LOVE AddisonShopper's responses!!!! I wish I had the courage to say "none of your business" when I get asked such rude questions! Good on ya!

My answer is simply "enough."

People can be so rude.

i don't think it's so rude when people ask how much - but that depends on how they react when i tell them the truth. but in general i think girls just like to know how much one another spends on shopping.
no one has ever said to me (thankfully) "i would never spend that much..." or "you can buy 50 bags, a second hand car ...". they usually just tell me it's gorgeous and say they wish they could afford a bag like that, or tell me that they're in love with it... and when we're out together, they actually look-out for my bag because they don't think i'm careful enough with it!

Yes, it sure happens.

Sometimes, I brush it off, sometimes i answer. It deps on who is asking and usually, we can tell why they are asking.

I hate it when they reply things like "O my god I would never pay that much!!"

It is just plain rude :cursing:

It is none of their business, it is not their money and frankly even if I have a lot fo savings, it is not as if I wld share with them and they wld not give me any of their money as well.

Everyone has different ways of deploying their money:
some people like to put them in bank and look at the numbers;
some like to invest;
some like to spend on good food;
for us - it is bags amongst other things in life.

So what right do they have to make such comments? As long as my parents can fund me, my DH can fund me, I can even fund all by myself, who cares. Some pple are sometimes richer than us yet are so much less polite. They should spend their $$$ taking etiquette lessons!

I totally empathise. I only have one friend who is into expensive bags like me, so I feel really guilty for carrying around an expensive bag in front of my other friends. They haven't seen my Chanel yet. I normally say it was in the sale and someone bought it for me as a present. Then it doesn't look to them like I am shallow (because I think that's what they'd think) and splurging my own money on something so expensive.

I usually say something to kind of throw it off like "How much is that purse" "why, you wanna pay me back"? LOL. That usually makes them laugh and not notice that I didnt mention the price. With some people, I'd be mortified if they knew. The worse part is because I have several in my closet not just one.

Love it, I'm going to ask that the next time somebody asks me how much my bag cost!

Seriously, where do people get the nerve to inquire about how much you pay for X? It's not polite!:shrugs:

The thing is,I dont feel comfortable carrying expensive bags around my friends because I think it makes me look like I am made of money, even though I'm not and I've saved very hard for it, and I don't spend my money on eating out everyday and booze all the time. And I always think that they might secretly question presents I buy them for birthdays/Christmas, e.g. "She can afford Chanel but she buys me this crap!"