Does this bag look too feminine?

Jun 18, 2008
This is the Harrison E/W Satchel by Coach. It's catagorized as a men's bag. But I can't help thinking it looks too much like a standard Coach Hobo bag.

aa.JPG Harrison Satchel

aab.JPG Heritage Stripe Convertible Hobo.

Last edited:
IMO, a man can pull this off, all depends on how your wear it. Nothing new in the design though, its the classic women's hobo. It looks feminine, but not too feminine...

Can you find other pictures of it? If it doesn't slouch in the middle like that, then yeah, I'd definitely say it's pretty unisex and a guy can carry it without worrying about the bag looking feminine! This picture does make it look too hobo-like and therefore somewhat feminine, but if other pictures don't show that same slouch, I think it should be just fine! :smile:

i think they do look too feminine then again i've seen men carry women's bags here in the city and they look great anyway, so wear it if you feel comfortable. although if i were a guy, i would prefer my bags to be more structured, and i'd stick to messenger or briefcase styles.

It looks completely unisex to me. As a woman I wouldn't wear it because nothing about it screams 'cute purse' to me....which is why it could totally work for you!!

This is the Harrison E/W Satchel by Coach. It's catagorized as a men's bag. But I can't help thinking it looks too much like a standard Coach Hobo bag.

View attachment 669740 Harrison Satchel

View attachment 669750 Heritage Stripe Convertible Hobo.

I suppose you are saying the 1st bag for men looks like the 2nd bag which is for gals? If so yes, that was my tot when I saw the pic of the 1st bag even w/o reading the rest of the post. Kinda girlish looking but IRL, the look of the leather cld make a difference, sorry am not able to tell the look and feel of the material from the pic.