Does the Picotin remined anyone else of a feedbag?

S'Mom, I don't feel the picotin style would be structured enough for you. The purseket would fill it out, tho and help it keep it's shape......so....:smile: but the handles are floppy.

The MM is plenty large.....I sold mine because it was too large for me. The GM is even larger.....all that said, the Picotin is very popular and one pretty little Hermes.

what about a structured Picotin - say indigo barenia? Or perhaps black barenia for s'mom!

I always wondered....when carrying a Picotin (MM) does everyone openly see all the contents of the bag or is it soft enough that the sides would collapse and cover it up a bit. ??

L, the sides do collapse somewhat especially if you don't use a purseket. The contents do show, tho, to some degree..... or at least they do with my picotin.

L, the sides do collapse somewhat especially if you don't use a purseket. The contents do show, tho, to some degree..... or at least they do with my picotin.

I do the strap up all the way, which collapses 2 of the sides. So far, I am finding that the other 2 sides collapse in as well, so there is no seeing or accessing the contents while it's on my arm, or on my shoulder.

It doesn't collapse enough in barenia, so I bought gavroches to drape over and cover the contents. It's not ideal, I'm sure, but I'm willing to suffer for my barenia.

S'Mom, I don't feel the picotin style would be structured enough for you. The purseket would fill it out, tho and help it keep it's shape......so....:smile: but the handles are floppy.

EXACTLY what I've been thinking too, ISUS. You know me so you know I have a thing for some structure....I think this is why I've held off for so long.....but I keep going back to those beautiful pictures of PIAFFE and hers.........*sigh*

I think it depends on the particular bag too. Mine is a Clemence PM and it doesn't flop at all. the other two PMs I was looking at were very squishy. I don't know if mine has a little more structure because the underside of the handles are Chevre? I also use a purseket in mine but even without it it doesn't flop. :flowers:

Attachments

• tmpphpSBufg7.jpg
    tmpphpSBufg7.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 109
I always wondered....when carrying a Picotin (MM) does everyone openly see all the contents of the bag or is it soft enough that the sides would collapse and cover it up a bit. ??

That's one of my favorite features of my MM Clemence Picotin...the leather is so squooshy the sides collapse when the strap is pulled tightly and you can't see what's in the bag.