Does the Part Time look as good with the G12 HW as it did with G21 HW?

xbabe82517

O.G.
Jul 19, 2010
In my quest for a Bal with a longer strap (my heart was set on a Velo) and I already know I want Gris Tarmac with RGH, but it suddenly occurred to me that the Part Time also has a longer strap and perhaps I shouldn't completely dismiss this bag in my quest for my new bag...

The PT looks awesome with the old G21 hardware, but it's only available in GSH in the old G21 hardware now and I love RGH, so that really only leaves me with the new G12 hardware.

I haven't seen many pics on here of the PT with the G12 hardware - does anyone have any? Also, does the PT still look good with G12, given that it's a larger bag than the City, or was it definitely better with G21? With the Velo, I actually think it looks better with the new G12 hardware, but I'm not so sure about the PT...

Harper Quinn

@wittyg1rl
O.G.
Nov 26, 2011

xbabe82517

O.G.
Jul 19, 2010
I love my part time with the G12 hardware. I put some photos of it in my thread if you want to have a look:
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/so-excited-i-must-do-reveal-perfect-neutral-761057.html

However the strap is not much longer than my city so if you want a longer one you should try a velo. Try to see it in IRL.

Also designerdiva did a reveal recently of her gorgeous gorgeous papyrus G21 PT. You might want to search for it too.

Thanks for this, your PT is beautiful! I love the combination of GP with RGH as well, I would get one myself but I already have a Papyrus Giant City and I feel the two colours are rather similar!

However, when I look at the pics of the G21 hardware, it kinda makes my heart skip more than the G12, but only with the PT style!

Regarding the strap, did they shorten the shoulder strap when they changed to G12 hardware? It seems that on pics I've seen of the PT with the G21 hardware, the strap is considerably longer than the City. But that could just be the way the photo has been taken, or maybe the person modelling has been petite!

CHLOEGLAMOUR

Blonde Member
O.G.
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks for this, your PT is beautiful! I love the combination of GP with RGH as well, I would get one myself but I already have a Papyrus Giant City and I feel the two colours are rather similar!

However, when I look at the pics of the G21 hardware, it kinda makes my heart skip more than the G12, but only with the PT style!

Regarding the strap, did they shorten the shoulder strap when they changed to G12 hardware? It seems that on pics I've seen of the PT with the G21 hardware, the strap is considerably longer than the City. But that could just be the way the photo has been taken, or maybe the person modelling has been petite!
hi :wave:the strap should be exactly the same lenght ;) , i am not a fan of the g12 on pt ,it is almost identical to rh withouth tassels , to me the g21 was much better :cry:

Nov 9, 2010
I love the old giant hardware & I'm sad its been discontinued but I recently got a Vert Poker City with mini RGGHW & I think once the bag ages & softens it looks just as nice but not as much in your face IYKWIM.....The PT with slouch nicely & they don't look any where as big as when you first get them & my Papyrus PT gets the most compliments out of any bag I own.....I would certainly buy another PT even if it had the mini giant hardware.

xbabe82517

O.G.
Jul 19, 2010
hi :wave:the strap should be exactly the same lenght ;) , i am not a fan of the g12 on pt ,it is almost identical to rh withouth tassels , to me the g21 was much better :cry:

This is how I feel as well. I have no objection to the G12 hardware itself, and it does look good with most styles, but I feel the East-West shape of the PT was really complimented by the G21 and they should have retained G21 at least for some styles. Ideally, they should have brought in G12, kept G21 and given us all a choice!

xbabe82517

O.G.
Jul 19, 2010
I SO wish my gris poivre came with GIANT rose gold hardware! :shucks:
It would have been such a STUNNER, although it is still a beauty now :blossom::heart::heart:

I thought EXACTLY the same when I saw it! It's a stunning bag regardless, but I did think 'oh my, G21 RGGH would have been AMAZING!' Bal seem to be faffing about with their hardwares recently, ie. they originally discontinued GGH and said it would only return as limited editions and that RGGH would be the replacement for GGH going forward, then they changed to G12 and have now said they will be discontinuing RGH, keeping GSH and now making GH instead of RGH! I'm so confused! I wonder if they're experimenting with their customer base to establish which hardware actually does sell the most. I just hope and pray that one day G21 will return for good! :smile:

Fashion1

RM ~ Bal ~ LV
O.G.
Jan 29, 2009
To me, the Part Time looked 10 times better with the old G21 than the G12. Proportions look off to me. When I see the G21 on a Part Time it makes my heart sing!! JMO. I think the G12 can look ok on other styles.

Ryc

Jul 3, 2011
Maybe Im the only one but I actually prefer G12 than G21 lols its much understated and not as showy IMO and I love the style for that :P and it makes the bag looks bigger which is always better proportional-wise for taller girls :smile: