Does the metallic reissue leather flake or come off?

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
Sorry, the search function still isn't up yet....I love the metallic reissue and was wondering if the leather flakes or comes off? Do people have issues with the leather?

TIA~~:flowers:

Mine are currently fine... no issues to report. I think you do have to be very careful not to bump against anything abrasive of course...like walls, or even other people and not overstuff their interiors. I think stretching the leather out could 'crack' open the finish LOL hope this make sense.

I took my metallic brown 227 reissue out dancing and the next day, to my dismay I found the corners had faded to a silverish white color. It might have been there before as I often push back my bag with my elbows instead of lifting it up and I found the corners which had come into contact with the elbows much more damaged than the other corners. I hope this is helpful.

I own four metallic reissues and have had no problem with the leather flaking. However, I am having a problem with my metallic black as the hardware (the turnlock) seems to be peeling! Took it to the boutique and they have ordered me a new hardware so it should be fine. The downside is that it will take about 6 months for the new hardware to arrive!

I took my metallic brown 227 reissue out dancing and the next day, to my dismay I found the corners had faded to a silverish white color. It might have been there before as I often push back my bag with my elbows instead of lifting it up and I found the corners which had come into contact with the elbows much more damaged than the other corners. I hope this is helpful.

You took your metallic bag (and 227 too) out dancing!! :wtf: You're brave! :rolleyes:

I would say the corner fading is normal wear and tear.

I saw a silver reissue on display at NM and it was horrible looking. You see tiny cracks around the sides, back pocket and around the mademoiselle lock. I bet it someone bought and used the bag and then returned it.

I love metallics but this is seriously scaring me! I was considering buying a metallic Chanel but it's just too expensive to potentially have issues down the road IMO. I'll probably stick to more inexpensive brands to get my metallic fix. Thanks for the info in this thread!

I just noticed (after wearing my navy metallic 10 times) that the upper rim of the back pocket shows the black leather underneath Ö_Ö (the border of the leather piece of the opening) the metallic rubbed off there, but I'm not sure whether it was like this when I bought it (new from the boutique) already... will continue watching the leather...