does the medium caviar flap come in shiny & matte finishes?

Pretty sure they come in different sizes too.

I was in the Sydney store the other day... and i saw the shiny and matte finishing ones. but they arent jumbo. they are the medium, large... *jumbo was sold out*

oh thats good to hear, as my old flap got replaced, because 2 weeks after having it two loose threads appeared and theres something not quite right with the one i was given, its just not the same. need to go back to chanel asap x

There is a Chanel caviar WASHED, that's the dull caviar, and the regular darker caviar. However, even the normal caviar is not as dark or has the sheen and structure it did years ago. Just make sure you don't get the WASHED caviar , it's awfully dull ...

When I went into Saks today and I definitely noticed that there are some matte and shiny finishes on both the medium and Jumbo. They all cost the same though. There was no price differences but there was a clear difference in the finishes. I noticed that the matted finishes weren’t as “pebbled”. The SA I was speaking to insisted that there wasn’t a difference because of the skew number or something. But then she saw them side by side and agreed with me. I prefer the shiny finish.
Also, when I picked out my medium flap they showed me 6 different ones. Almost everyone of them had some small flaw. One’s flap was misligned (one side of the flap was longer), one had a indent on the back, another wasn’t as shiny, one was as pebbly, etc. And these were fresh from packing. Finally I picked out one that was PERFECT. It had nice shiny caviar leather with perfect pebbling. No loose stitching, everything was aligned, etc. So the moral of the story is to not “settle”. Make the SA bring out as many flaps as she can from the back!http://www.princetonreview.com/youplaywepay