Does the markup on luxury bags bother you?

I can say with all honesty I don't like it! I don't like it at all. In fact it does make me feel ripped off. I own a few high end bags and I will say fortunately the quality is outstanding but is it worth thousands? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, it all comes down to affordability. If one can fork over several thousands on bags in cash, this entire question is not up for discussion to them. To a upper middle class or middle class woman it is. I made up my mind that my next bag has to be reasonably priced. I just don't appreciate the "need" to spend insurmountable dollars on anything right now.

I can say with all honesty I don't like it! I don't like it at all. In fact it does make me feel ripped off. I own a few high end bags and I will say fortunately the quality is outstanding but is it worth thousands? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, it all comes down to affordability. If one can fork over several thousands on bags in cash, this entire question is not up for discussion to them. To a upper middle class or middle class woman it is. I made up my mind that my next bag has to be reasonably priced. I just don't appreciate the "need" to spend insurmountable dollars on anything right now.

I have to agree with you on this. I've found that for me the whole gig is up. I've seen behind the curtain and now I get it, that most of it is marketing (meaning "creating a market") and has not that much to do with better quality at all. At least not anymore. And I've recently found some really great bags for a lot less money and I honestly can't say they are lesser quality than my more expensive bags and in many cases they are better quality, because a lot of these luxury people are cutting more and more costs and charging more and more for their bags. That is really the part that gets me, because I cannot see how anyone can justify that other than just plain greed and disrespect for their customers as well as their own product.

So when it comes down to it, I just will not spend more than $1000 on any bag and honestly that would be too much, but if I loved it, I'd fork it over.

Also, the older I get the less I care about impressing anyone but myself. People who say it's all about quality and nothing to do with carrying around a recognizable status symbol are being a bit disingenuous in my opinion. Just look at how many threads there are on here where someone is worrying about what someone else thinks about their bag and not just friends, family and co-workers, but total random strangers.

I just finally feel like enough is enough. I carry what I like and I'm not spending what would be a small fortune for me on anything just because I want to impress all the strangers in the grocery store or whatever.