Does the luggage tote have staying power?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. In the above 2012 PurseBlog article, someone mentioned that "The flap sides and "face" really date this bag to a certain era in fashion. I think the bag will be remembered as significant to this fashion time period, but it's going to lose its resale value quickly in the next couple of years. There's always been something very 80s about the design style. The thick, curving seams on the front and the handle attachments are very defined to a particular style"

Hence the million dollar question : Will the luggage destined to be a classic, or will it fade?
    What do you think?

2. This has been discussed and raised quite a number of times over the months. The number of threads started on this topic speaks for itself.

CELINE LUGGAGE- IT BAG OF THE MOMENT OR A TIMELESS CLASSIC?

IS CELINE LUGGAGE ZIP A CLASSIC? IS IT A GOOD INVESTMENT?

IS THE CELINE MINI LUGGAGE BAG WORTH IT? IS IT STILL "IN"?

IS MINI LUGGUAGE CLASSIC?

CELINE LUGGAGE: IS IT HERE TO STAY?

CELINE BAGS: TRENDY OR CLASSIC?

I personally think the Luggage if it is in neutrals, it has staying power in the wardrobe. I can't say the same for tri-colours as colour-blocking is another trend on its own. If you're wondering about the 'IN' factor, then I would assume any bag you buy would soon be 'OUT'.

No offence to PurseBlog but the article is a little late, the Luggage has been around since 2010. It's popularity has defintiely reached its peak but I'm not a consumer who is concerned with the must-haves or the it-bags of the season. Buy what you love and buy what is suitable for your lifestyle/wardrobe and personality. Those are the things that never go out of style.

And I also do not buy something in the hopes of reselling it in the future. As much as I can, I try to be sure of what I am buying... So staying power is dependent on the bag and how the owner wears it.

3. Thanks for pointing out the threads cotonblanc - as I suspected this is an old question and has been discussed in length many times before haha...they'll be my reading pleasure over the weekend.

I've never been an IN or IT bag chaser, hence my preference to stick to classics & brands which retain their value & remain timeless. I do hope that the luggage will still be carried & be seen in many years to come, and your overall tone suggest just that (to me). That's comforting to know from a Celine guru...thanks again :balloon:

4. I feel that the Luggage has staying power because of its unique design.

5. Thanks for the feedback, I pray so!

6. I think the Celine bag has staying power (as Long as P. Philo is the creative designer)

Easily recognizable but still simple and clean lines. I believe the Celine luggage should be a classic like the flap bag is a classic for chanel.

The prices still keep going up, means they have high demand, and in a lot of places, it's still very hard to get.

7. It's already kind of "over" in the sense that it was the It bag that everyone wanted and now the hype has died down. I don't think it will ever be out of style, but I don't think it has the same staying power as something like a Chanel flap. I agree that it's indicative of a certain era of fashion. Kind of like the Fendi Baguette if I had to relate it to something. Fendi Baguettes are still popular and aren't out of style, but they aren't as on trend or fashionable as they once were.

8. I think box is a classic, but luggage is trendy

9. I wouldn't buy a new Luggage now, in 2014; JMO, but it's feeling a bit dated and overexposed.

10. Thanks for all your feedbacks lovely ladies!

I suppose only time & Phoebe's magic touch will tell. I got a preloved 2011 luggage, and it's comforting to know that the price have doubled today thus the value remains. I take that as an indication that the luggage will remain for quite awhile. In the meantime let's enjoy our babies! :smile:)

11. I myself am so completely over the luggage but it's getting increasingly hard to find and prices are going up every year, so people still want it and they're willing to wait to get their dream Celine bag. I think that's a smart move from Celine because we all saw what happened when every store carried the Stam.

12. Yepp, the more a bag is hard to attain the more coveted. Smart move indeed! ;)

13. think the black celine nano will be a classic
    or just get a small saffiano lux?

14. It's going to stay I have one in color lock, autumn colors from 2012, it's a favorite all round..

15. Block, not lock!!!