Does the Luggage Hamilton N/S tote ever soften?

neatrivers

Dec 19, 2006
I have a large Black Hamilton tote that has gotten so soft and squishy. I have a large Luggage Hamilton tote that is the same size, but she is nowhere as soft and squishy as the black one. I bought them both in March of 2012. I would like for anyone who has carried the Luggage Hamilton for a while to tell me if it softens quite a bit. I do not carry the Luggage Hamilton that much because it is not as soft as the black one. I hope this makes sense!

I don't have personal experience but my mother had a luggage Hamilton tote that she used everyday for about a year and it definitely became broken in, soft, and squishy. It actually looked formless by the end of the year which is why she threw it away.

The reason why I like it squishy because it makes it look smaller. I do not like the type it takes to break in some bags, but I rarely buy used because I like to do my own damage to my bags.:lol::lol:

I have a large Black Hamilton tote that has gotten so soft and squishy. I have a large Luggage Hamilton tote that is the same size, but she is nowhere as soft and squishy as the black one. I bought them both in March of 2012. I would like for anyone who has carried the Luggage Hamilton for a while to tell me if it softens quite a bit. I do not carry the Luggage Hamilton that much because it is not as soft as the black one. I hope this makes sense!

I've had mine for a year and even without constant use since it's been in rotation with all of my other bags, it's gotten wonderfully slouchy and the leather is softening up. Love the slouch! :smile:

I myself prefer for my Hamiltons to hold their form because they are not a hobo bag but a tote and totes should stand upright in my opinion. when they first came out, I actually saw some that while being held had such pull on the leather it looked horrible if you were looking head on. It varied from color to color, bag to bag as if the quality control is not what it should be. I carefully made sure to unstuff mine when I got them. I just don't like a squishy Hamilton with no form. Plus, who actually is going to completely fill it up to keep it's shape? It's a fairly large bag. I have kept only one of the signature ones because it's even stiffer and traded all my large ones for the smaller one and am a lot happier. I'm not a big gal so I just couldn't pull it off but either way, they just look funny all squishy to me. Just my opinion.

I myself prefer for my Hamiltons to hold their form because they are not a hobo bag but a tote and totes should stand upright in my opinion. when they first came out, I actually saw some that while being held had such pull on the leather it looked horrible if you were looking head on. It varied from color to color, bag to bag as if the quality control is not what it should be. I carefully made sure to unstuff mine when I got them. I just don't like a squishy Hamilton with no form. Plus, who actually is going to completely fill it up to keep it's shape? It's a fairly large bag. I have kept only one of the signature ones because it's even stiffer and traded all my large ones for the smaller one and am a lot happier. I'm not a big gal so I just couldn't pull it off but either way, they just look funny all squishy to me. Just my opinion.

For those who like a more structured bag, the saffiano leather is a better choice. Personally, I don't care for that at all; I love a slouchy bag. Glad you are happy with the smaller size; those are great little satchels.

405504243.jpg

Here is mine purchased in Dec 2012 , it is slowly getting softer/ slouchy.