Does the Louis Vuitton Inventeur plaque tarnish?

Thanks guys for your comments...i do live in a warmer, more humid country...so do you think that will make it tarnish faster? Because vachetta patinas super fast over here too!

damn, a year later! what a revival.

anyway... The tarnishing will occur for sure.
just not at the same rate i imagine.

but im sure if it does, they'll replace it out for you... without a problem.

they just did for the hardware on my cles and my friend's too.
no charge at all and no receipts. My cles is like 3-4yrs old and my friends is ANCIENT!

glad to hear they replaced it for u! as for everyone who is using the brass polish. should i be using it regularly before it tarnishes or use it after it begins to tarnish? and what exactly is tarnishing :wondering

Do not use brass polish. LV does not have brass hardware or plaques. It's just brass colored metal. Brass polish could ruin your items. They will tarnish with time and use. The only thing you will be able to do, per my SA, is to replace the parts when they do.

Gosh I hope it won't. Is there a way I can prevent the tarnish along with removing scratches? I'm not careful sometimes and it seems like the scratches are getting out of control and idk how to prevent the scratches and now have to worry about it tarnishing also? Bummer :sad: