Does the idea of a “sale” motivate you to buy more?

It is powerful (and my dh would argue dirty too when it comes to Coach)!

I've actually had to start avoiding the outlets b/c I find I get waaay too tempted to get things simply b/c they're on sale (and knowing the retail of most of them doesn't help!).

What a powerful four letter word:smile:
Isn't that the truth! Often times I've ended up buying more just because it's on sale. And not just handbags or clothes... it even gets me at the grocery store. One of our local grocery stores has a monthly buy one get one free sale. I walk out with way too much food!

It's true that the sales are very enticing, but I've too often bought something that was only 'ok' because it was less expensive and then had to return it.

Someone on tpf posted great advice that said you should only buy it if you'd choose the same thing at full price. I thought that was great advice.

Of course, when it comes to accessories, it makes it harder to resist,but I find I'm now waiting more for what I want than settling.

It's an ongoing battle!:yes:

To a certain extent. I usually make a list of things I want and if I get an item cheaper than I thought it would be and I have extra money, I get another item on the list. I would buy the item regardless, though, if it is on sale, I would just purchase it sooner. I try very hard not to buy random things just b/c they are on sale. I found I waste a ton of money that way and I don't love the purchases as much.

That's how I got my leather soho flap in saddle. I really wanted the chocolate signature but went to "browse" at the outlet and saw the saddle and had to have it cause it was only $111.

Me and sales have a love, hate relationship. lol

Definitely! I find that I can justify "saving" money! But as someone previously mentioned, I find that I buy things I probably wouldn't have purchased at full price (because I really lie them, but not love them). I'm trying to work on this!