Does the grey lamb classic flap have color transfer problems

Francesca1234

Aug 15, 2008
Love the grey flap Lamb Classic flap. I'm afraid to ask, does color transfer to this bag. I'm told they put a coating on it so it's not as delicate. Does it scratch? Is it floppy or does it have the same structure as the caviar.

I don't think so. But I have not had a chance handling one yet. (might be wrong)

It is gray not white so I assume it won't be an issue.

One thing for sure is not to rub your gray bag against the jeans.

I have the gray classic flap but have only worn it a couple of times. No color transfer. However, I imagine it can happen - the gray is not dark enough for color transfer not to show. The coating is to resist scratching a bit, but the bag is not scratch-resistant per se. Just a little less delicate.

I agree with the_lvlady - dark jeans will likely transfer color to anything lighter colored. It's not a defect of the bag/leather, it's a problem with dark-colored clothes.

No issues for me either. I think it's just a common sense thing which is not particular to lambskin. My grey is not so light it would particularly show up anyway. Dark colour will transfer to any bag - be it caviar, patent, lamb or fabric (and any others i missed!) if you are not sensible with it. No dark jeans with light colours (whatever they are made of!) and you'll be fine.

The leather however on the lamb jumbo is very soft so it doesn't hold the shape as well as some of my other bags.

I wouldn't recommend putting any coating on a bag - it will hold up fine. And lamb is a lot less delicate than all the panic stories on here!

No issues for me either. I think it's just a common sense thing which is not particular to lambskin. My grey is not so light it would particularly show up anyway. Dark colour will transfer to any bag - be it caviar, patent, lamb or fabric (and any others i missed!) if you are not sensible with it. No dark jeans with light colours (whatever they are made of!) and you'll be fine.

The leather however on the lamb jumbo is very soft so it doesn't hold the shape as well as some of my other bags.

I wouldn't recommend putting any coating on a bag - it will hold up fine. And lamb is a lot less delicate than all the panic stories on here!

Glad to hear this because I really like the look of lambskin better than caviar and have not seemed to have the issues that everyone kept talking about!:tup: