Does the fact LV bags never go on sale make you want them more?

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
Just wondering what your thoughts are on if you think LV popularity is correlated to the never on sale, always in short supply for the popular styles marketing genius that is LV.

Went to LV on Black Friday this year, and a bunch of non-LV regulars crowded in the store with the rest of us LV regulars more for the "follow the crowd must be good" mentality. Two older ladies asked me "oh is it all on sale, is that why so many people?"...and I said "nope, never on sale, we are just all obsessed!

I find myself not really wanting to get bags like Gucci, Prada, Burberry because they are always on sale...heck DSW shoe store a few years ago were selling Gucci bags for 80% off!!! That just kinda turned me off to Gucci actually, and Burberry always goes on sale and now their outlet stores carry quite a few of their recent styles only a month or so after they come out in stores. I have a few of both brands, but I don't love them or take care of them as much as I do my LV bags.

Thoughts?

i buy it cuz its classic and bags if kept in good shape can sell for a good price or even sometimes more. but the increase of prices is killing the joy for me though.

I think most LV fanatics think alike. I don't go for all the designs in LV, only certain designs will attract me. But the fact that yes its never on sale. The limited seasonal items available. And not forgetting those cute and lovely bags thats always comes up when i decided its enough and lure me into LV stores :P

The reason for me to buy lv cos it classic,it last forever.don't u know how old speedy gonzales?i buy lv that represented myself.for me lv is cute n lots of variation.i fall in luv with damier graphite,epi,damier ebene,iddyle,denim,minilin.how much bags in other brand that u fall in luv with?for me,actually i'll buy evrything that lv produce if it available in the line that i luv.this year i buy 2 wallet,11bags,1charm,2 cigarets cases,1key pounch and 1case for my hp.i never ever felt this maddness when it comes to another brands.my maddness just for lv only

Not exactly...I buy because I love the styles. But it does make purchase decision slightly easier as I don't have to decide whether to buy seasonal items now or "wait till they go on sale"! :smile:

yeah the thing of 'never on sale' thing is sort of like a love hate relationship for me.... they really need to stop having those price increases, but i do buy gucci and burberry clothing on sale.... half off.... well im definetaly buying it!!!!!

I am a very casual woman, so I love that many of the LV mono and damier bags fit my lifestyle. I buy them because they hold their value and I can resell when I am tired of them without losing much of my investment. I take very good care of my bags and my Ebay customers are always thrilled when I list because they are all out of my own collection. The fact that they never go on sale helps keep the value of my bags high. I'm glad they never go on sale. This would definitely hurt the resale market.