Does The Epi Line Not Hold Value?

Beriloffun

Aug 30, 2010
I've been looking for a preloved Epi speedy 25 and I've looked on eBay and the bags are going for about half of retail? I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this? Thanks in advance..

I bought a pre-loved epi speedy off ebay and yes, it was half the price of new. My baby was in great condition and I'm so glad I didn't buy it new. I can use that savings for another LV purchase!

But there is nothing like leaving an LV store with that gorgeous new bag. :graucho:

I was just thinking the same thing about the Epi line. All of the pre-loved epi bags I've seen being sold online (like petit noes, d/c styles) are 60-80% lower than retail price. Buying a BN Epi Petit Noe for example is more than 1K, but you see it being sold for $200++. This is good definitely for those who can't afford brand new but it does give you reservations in buying brand new Epi bags as their value seem to depreciate more than the other lines.

I think it may be due to the fact that the Epi is more low key than the other styles like Mono and Damier...a lot of people usually go for bags that are obviously LV so they are understandably much more pricier due to the demand.

Generally the Epi pieces are older than the Mono, the ones I have bought are over 15 years old. As DisCo mentioned they are more low key than the Mono, so demand for the items is probably lower hence the cheaper price!

I think I will receive a lot of bashing for saying this but most people I see want an obvious LV monogrammed item. Every one in 1 mile radius can see and will know you can afford LV. I love Epi and have been told by well wishers that I should not spend so much money to buy a purse that doesn't even look like an LV :smile:.

I think I will receive a lot of bashing for saying this but most people I see want an obvious LV monogrammed item. Every one in 1 mile radius can see and will know you can afford LV. I love Epi and have been told by well wishers that I should not spend so much money to buy a purse that doesn't even look like an LV :smile:.

I think you're so right about this! I've had people accuse my Epi bags of being fake just because it doesn't "look like any LV bag they've seen."

lol, most people tend to see the mono styles and, if they don't assume "you can afford LV" (which isn't all that difficult with saving), then they assume it is a fake. Anyone who knows you're carrying a real LV won't make a big deal of it though.

I love my epi stuff! But yeah, I haven't ever bought it new either.

i agree with the low demand low resale price theory.
IMO, i value genuine leather and the functionality of the bag. i have mono, damier, vernis, mc but my epi speedy is my favorite. i don't care if people think it's fake or it's not lv. i bought the bag for myself & i pity them if the only lv line they knew were the monogrammed ones. lol

I love my epi and actually think it's way cooler than any monogram piece. It's subtle and if you know it, you know it..and if you don't.. I don't need you to! :amuse:

I'm all for buying it brand new cos that way I know no one else has ever used it! Resale price doesn't affect me cos I'm not selling mine - EVER! :cool: