Does the discount ever irritate you?

vhsethan

O.G.
Jul 18, 2007
As we are all avid L.A.M.B. collectors I think we are all well aware that it is a bit ridiculous to pay full price for any L.A.M.B. handbag.
But my question is: does the discount ever irritate you? I remember I used to LOVE the fact that I could find the signature Luxe at the discount, but now that everything is so discounted that when I purchase something at 50% off I feel like I'm getting jipped. This all comes about as I just realized that my Dorset Vertical Lambert Tote that I've used maybe 3 times is at Neiman Last Call for $150.00 (I probably paid $300)

It can be a little irritating at times especially when trying to resell a bag that just didn't work for you and is still in brand spankin new, NEVER used condition. This happened with my Ultraviolet Etoile in Absinthe. I bought it at a great price (compared to retail at the time) then when I got it, I realized this bag was not going to work out for me. Had to let it go for less than what I paid. Sometimes it's best to just wait a little while...this goes for buying and selling.

It only irritates me the sense that since the original bags weren't selling well that they cheapened the entire line overall. I would actually be happier with paying the full price that the original Lux bags cost if they would bring back the quality of them.

I refuse to pay retail... I almost did with a bag. Well actually I did buy it but I returned it cause I know it will bother me when I see it marked way down. I take the opportunity as a lesson in patience.

However, I would be willing to pay full price for the original line. They were worth it imo.

I don't bother paying retail, I know they'll hit NR or NMLC soon (or the sample sale). If its the original, then oh yes. I just got very lucky with my originals cause I found them at the sale.

I would DEFINITELY pay retail for OG Lux! :nuts:

Hindsight, eh? Looking back, I would not have been so reluctant to buy, or sell the goodies I had.

I won't pay retail because I know it will surface at a marked-down price. So a discount doesn't bother me. I am savvy and shop aroung for the best deal. Patience always pays off.