does the deep violet Matinee actually look...violet?

Lavidacolor

Collector of things shiny and beautiful
O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
from online pics i see, it always looks like black practically. does it look more purplish IRL? i relaly want a purple bag but i want it to actually look purple!
d_906.jpg

The Violet color looks different depending on the lighting. Indoors, outdoors, under natural sunlight, all give it a different look. Sometimes it looks nearly black, other times it's very obviously a deep purple. HTH! =)

oh, those pics/descriptions help a lot! the true purple color is sooo pretty. lighting sucks for those online stores i guess, cause i never saw the tinge of purple the TPFers' pics have. love it!

hm, i think its dark enough to almost wear as a basic black. at least, i hope so. i cant think of anything in my wardrobe that would clash badly with this, and i have a wide range of colors include brights

from online pics i see, it always looks like black practically. does it look more purplish IRL? i relaly want a purple bag but i want it to actually look purple!
d_906.jpg

I'm with you on wanting a purple bag. I was looking at this one and it just looks really dark so if someone knows for sure, please answer:smile:

From what I've read, the Violet is pretty dark under certain light (or lack thereof). So it can look black, which I happen to think is pretty cool! There's another purple out right now, the Deep Purple. I think it looks like a true purple-purple, and it's more matte and supple than the Violet. I believe the Violet is a little more on the glazed side and very smooth. So if you're looking for a true purple bag, the Deep Purple may be the one! :yes:

Here's a link to a picture of the Deep Purple MA.

I have the violet MAM, and while it photographs black with flash, it is definately purple in person. I don't think it ever looks black. Under some lights it is dark enough to be a neutral and under other lights it is a lighter purple. I wear mine everyday, and don't think it clashes with anything I wear.