Does the color matter regarding the season?

lpaigenyc

Dec 22, 2009
I need your opinion.
I have fallen in love with the motorcycle city bag in the color grenadine. My question is do you think that this a color that you could wear year round? It looks like a very summery/spring color but I'd love to get a lot of use out the bag since my funds will only allow me one purchase :sad:
THANKS!!!!!!

It depends on what you are comfortable with. I do think some colors go better with certain seasons, sure, but I wear all of my B Bags year round. I am also the type to wear white in winter though.

I use lighter colors in summer: lilac, pistachio, tan etc. But even so I'll still bring out my saddle, chocolate or black bags too. I think year round is a color you like and goes with your look/wardrobe. I find my chocolate to be a year round color even though it's dark. Just up to you and your style. If I only had one or two bbags I'd have darker colors, oxblood, black, chocolate etc. The lighter colors are more special occasion colors for me - not year round. Sorry rambling!

Bright colors look better during summer/spring, but I don't think that means you can't wear them out during winter/fall (same goes for dark colors, except for the opposite seasons). With me, the colors of the clothes I wear more often dictate the colors of my bags more than the seasons I can/should wear them with. The bag TYPE is a different story - I wear my nylons and water-proof bags for winter/rainy days, etc. For the record, I too wear my bags year-long regardless of color and season "appropriateness" (LOL). :biggrin:

Agreed - I say wear what you want when you want. As long as you are comfortable that's what matters. I do tend to carry lighter colors in spring/summer and darker colors in fall/winter but definitely not a hard and fast rule.

You need a pop of cheer and color in the winter!!! What is with all the brown and dark tones in the dreariest season???! Bring on the sunshine with magenta, yellow, cream, and green in the cold months. When you are hiding under layers, nothing is nicer than a beautiful bag that stands out.

I thought back is the never to go wrong color and fits all season until I saw the bleu dragee and couldn't resist it. I never intended to get a light color bag but still I know this is my bag when I saw the giant 12 gold city in bleu dragee. It doesn't matter to me whether or not it fits my clothing :smile: