Does the Canvas also change its color after some time?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just a new Mono Speedy 35. The Canvas is really beautiful when it's new, shiny and soft. I compared the new Speedy with my 4 month old Speedy 30 and it was a difference!!
    The older Speedy is darker and the newer Speedy has a lighter Brown!
    I made some Pics which I will show you later, because my camera isn't working right now.

Does the Canvas really change? I mean, it's really harder when it's older....can you do something against it? I want my Canvas always to look new!

2. In comparing my oldest bag (petite noe purchased 16 years ago) I see that it has a "duller" finish. Not as vibrant. I posted a comparison sometime last year. I'll see if I can find the post. Also, my mono cles which I purchased back then does not look the same as the newer mono. It's also more dull looking.

3. When I have seen ladies with their Speedies and there is some patina on the handles, the monogram does seem darker...like it deepens over time. I'm not sure how this occurs, but I think it looks fabulous!

4. not only does it dull but from several vintage bags ive seen the canvas becomes a lot softer... bringing on the "sag" which many hate but I LOVEEE.

5. The mono print can change over time....also it can look different because it is screen printed on, in different batches, in different parts of the world.

I have seen it look yellowish, tanish and more khaki (greenish tint) at times.