Does the bottom of your reissue look like this?

injenue

O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
Hi Girls!!!!

i just come across a very interesting fact with the reissue or may even apply to the classic flaps!

i came across two auctions on ebay selling purple met reissues... both seem authentic however... one flap has a bottom made with two pieces of leather sewn together and one has a bottom made with a single piece of leather... i've attached photos to be clear...

could you please share with us how the bottom of your reissue looks like? I thought it a bit strange that the bags should come into two versions of the bottom cuz I would think this would be something that's the same for all bags... in the same style...

Attachments

• purple reissue 01.JPG
    purple reissue 01.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 208
  • purple reissue 02.jpg
    purple reissue 02.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 257
the auctions are for exactly the same bags though... both 226 i think?

but one has two pieces and one doesn't...

i was just looking at the yahoo HK auction sites... and there are heaps and heaps of the metallics that look very very real....

and there seem to be a lot of the metallic reissues on ebay now... i wonder if they're all authentics.... seems those people are getting better and better at copying and making fakes nowadays... and some how i feel that by pointing out tips of authentication here... we're giving them pointers...

My 227 has 2 pieces sewn together. In pic#2, the pieces don't look like they've been joined well. Not sure of the authenticity of the bag, but that for me might ring a few alarm bells.

Here is the bottom of my 226:

2410673130_4b45641990.jpg