Does the alignment on my new Rivington look off? (not an authentication thread)

I recently received a new Damier Rivington as a birthday gift from my parents. I must stress strongly Authenticity is not an issue here as neither I nor my parents buy fakes and this bag was purchased from LV Sloane St, London, I have the bag, receipt everything etc.

Ok maybe I'm being overly picky here but to me the alignment of the brown curved band at the side of the bag looks off! I feel like I want to pull it up a few millimetres on the right!!! If you look at the damier squares the amount that is covered/uncovered above the curved band is not symmetrical. Although it seems to be symmetrical at the underside of the band. Also the tab which is stamped Louis Vuitton looks slightly scewed!!

Not only that but I have not even carried this bag yet and the brown band looks creased on both sides where it meets the zip. Is this how it should look? Calling all Rivington owners to help out with this.

It's been a while since I've bought any Vuitton bag and I must say I am really NOT impressed with the quality and its nothing like the chunky, secure, well finished feel and look of my noe or even my denim baggy. I'm really not liking the way there is a cut edge on the underside of the straps where it looks just kind of glued down! What's that all about? Don't get me wrong I love the style of the bag but I'm really shocked at the quality! It's great as a present but if I buy any more for myself it will definantly be vintage from now on.

Am I being paranoid? let me know what you think please.

Attachments

• SAM_0520.JPG
    SAM_0520.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 389
  • SAM_0521.JPG
    SAM_0521.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 319
  • SAM_0522.JPG
    SAM_0522.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 307
  • SAM_0523.JPG
    SAM_0523.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 325
  • SAM_0524.JPG
    SAM_0524.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 305
Hmmm...I don't really see it, either.... But I know what you mean, I have a few pieces with alignment that is off and things that are crooked, and it drives me a little nuts if I focus on it..lol

strawberryprincess said:
I don't know maybe I'm being overly critical, but see this pic to see what I'm mainly trying to explain. ( I even drew on it in paint...it must really be bothering me!)

Since it's bothering you too much, I'd say go exchange it. Maybe you'll LVoe another bag and since you sound like you're really not liking this one.. I bet you'll be worry free by then..:smile:

Yeah, I have been thinking to go exchange it but I haven't been in an LV store in a long time and don't feel like handling a snooty SA who will look at me like I'm crazy!

I've never exchanged anything before, the receipt says 14 days would my concerns about the alignment be a manufacturing fault and therefore allow me to return it after the 14 days? I would only want to exchange for the same bag not something else.

strawberryprincess said:
Yeah, I have been thinking to go exchange it but I haven't been in an LV store in a long time and don't feel like handling a snooty SA who will look at me like I'm crazy!

I've never exchanged anything before, the receipt says 14 days would my concerns about the alignment be a manufacturing fault and therefore allow me to return it after the 14 days? I would only want to exchange for the same bag not something else.

LV has 14 days return policy and 30 days exchange policy. I think they wouldn't mind.. I just exchanged a purse recently that I used for a week and they didn't give me a hard time. Since yours has not been used yet, I think they will not mind at all.

I say if you're not happy, you owe it to yourself and your parents (who spent the money) to put on your big girl panties and go back to the store. No matter how snooty the SA's may be, they are simply there to help us.

They don't consider slight misalignment a fault, as such, but if you haven't used it you should definitely exchange it for one you're happy with. It's your right and you deserve to be totally satisfied with such an expensive purchase. Good luck!

thanks for the replies. Can I exchange for the same bag within the 30 days or could they prevent me from doing so if they deem the misalignment to not be a fault?

You can exchange the bag without having to explain why you want to exchange it. I wouldnt even bother with the mentioning of any misalignment etc. You are within your time frame and you simply want to exchange the bag. This is not a hard process and I doubt seriously the SA will give you a hard time about it. I do advise to completely look the next bag over and make sure eveything about it is okay with you before you leave the store!