Does the addiction ever subside?

Betsy2712

Mulberry Addict
O.G.
Nov 28, 2010
Hi all

Gosh what a start to 2012... My love for The M has certainly accelerated this year! I will soon be the owner of a 3rd... yes 3rd bag and now desperatley want a 4th :help: (Did anyone watch the programme yesterday about the woman with 15 children? I think I am like her without the pregnancy and labour part!) lol

Please tell me i'll be back to normal soon (normal is buying no bags or high street bags, although high street ones always break so that why i'd thought i would invest in quality)

I am desperatley seeking a Neely.... Can I ask did they come in different sizes?

If anyone has a support group or counselling sessions in London, please let me know I am willing to attend :smile:

The Neely came in 3 sizes, a small one with a shoulder strap, a reg one the same size as the large PPL and a tote. It came in 3 different colours also, all in spongy patent, red, steel and a nude colour. I have the small and reg red ones and I swop the straps so I can wear the small one cross body.

If you are anything like me you will never lose your addiction but it's a better addiction to have than lots of others I could mention! Just enjoy your new bags. :biggrin:

Hi Betsy
I am afraid that it is a very very slippery road.
I had 3 M bags in my collection, bought over the last 4 years.I have tens of bags, mainly from TKmaxx, some nice ones too but this A/W sale has been very very addictive and I had a huuuuge splurge. I moved all the cheaper bags to the attick and only wear my M bags now. There are far worse addictions, but this one is a quite expensive one. I am also looking for MA group in London (Mulbery Anonymous)

I thought I'd beaten my Mulberry addiction. I was happily down to one bag a year.

Then I discovered this forum..........

(three bags in one month? oh dear)

In a word: no! It is a verrrry slippery slope.

I've loved Mulberry for years but always had more pressing priorities for my money. However thanks to a reasonably decent job, a v v v v generous partner and a big birthday last year I've acquired 3 bags and a purse in the past 9 months :smile:

I'm obviously still in the honeymoon phase as I'm now hankering after a Heritage Bayswater and also trying to track down a Neely (saw one for the very first time this week on ,y commute, it was love at first sight!)

No, guess not...
I bought my first Mulberry last September and the family has quite multiplied since then ;)
Will still be growing, that's for sure - it seems that once you start, you're hooked...
Really addicting!

It definitely doesn't! I bought my first M bag in 2010 and now have eight plus a purse and some other accessories (scarves, a keyring)! :nuts: I would have double that number of bags too if I hadn't sold off quite a few in the past few months that I wasn't using as much but am trying to only buy ones now that I know I will get a lot of use out of. Mulberry is very addictive but as smally said there are worse things to be addicted to!

I bought my first 6 high end bags all within 12 months (along with 4 pairs of CLs and a couple of Burberry coats...) and to be honest I think I'm slowing down now, I'll probably add 1 or 2 more bags in 2012 but would like to venture into brands other than Mulberry. Instead I think that this year I'd really like to purchase some beautiful pieces of jewellery and a watch plus invest in some really great clothes. So I guess for some the bag lust does subside :flowers:, for a while at least...

My addiction started last summer. I have two bags and a scarf which I don't think is excessive but my wish list is growing. My OH thinks I'm crazy and isn't encouraging me so perhaps he'll keep me in check! (who am I kidding!) haha :smile:

No, it definitely doesn't subside. As soon as you hand over your card to pay for that bag, then bam. That's it, you've sold your soul to the devil :P

I do however think my addiction with Mulberry has come to an end. I wrote a little piece about here in my blog (ok, more so ramblings).

But does anyone else think Mulberry has become quite common? It will only continue to become more and more popular, now I LOVE Mulberry but it doesn't feel as special when you spend £800 on a bag only to see a handful of other women carrying a Mulberry too. I know the same can be said for Louis Vuitton, but Mulberry really is EVERYWHERE these days. *cries*

sarahlouise06 said:
No, it definitely doesn't subside. As soon as you hand over your card to pay for that bag, then bam. That's it, you've sold your soul to the devil :P

I do however think my addiction with Mulberry has come to an end. I wrote a little piece about here in my blog (ok, more so ramblings).

But does anyone else think Mulberry has become quite common? It will only continue to become more and more popular, now I LOVE Mulberry but it doesn't feel as special when you spend £800 on a bag only to see a handful of other women carrying a Mulberry too. I know the same can be said for Louis Vuitton, but Mulberry really is EVERYWHERE these days. *cries*

I know what you mean. I'm not entirely happy to see they're the brand of choice for towie women. The coming soon selection certainly looks very towie friendly. I almost think they should split and do a diffusion range and a high end range with different names.

Ahhh I was just mentioning this on the Beautiful Bays forum. I have just ordered myself another Bays. Last year April I had 0 mulberries. Now I have 8!!! Mostly Bays.

There are worse addictions to have but I will need to put brakes on this year. Replacing my dodgy choc Bays from eBay with the real deal means I can only purchase one more quality handbag this year.

Mulberry is rather common now but not as bad as LV!! And still quite reasonable compared to other brands. I think it will eventually catch up with other designers so I am glad I bought my bags now as soon they will be unaffordable!!

I know what you mean. I'm not entirely happy to see they're the brand of choice for towie women. The coming soon selection certainly looks very towie friendly. I almost think they should split and do a diffusion range and a high end range with different names.

I find the TOWIE women so irritating! But then trashy celebs also carry Birkins. However having designer bags still won't give them any class.

Sarahlouise I will go read your blog. The only other mulberry I may be tempted by is foggy Grey Bays but still need to see IRL. Then only 1 quality bag or none each year from 2013. By then other things may become more important!:cool: