Does Style #11578 exist?

overindulged

Dec 31, 2007
Hey all!

I was at the hospital visiting a family member and in the gift shop I saw a Coach bag. I immediately assumed it was fake or an "inspired by" but it looked so real that I had to go and see it.

So it really looked real. I think it is either a Hamptons double strap satchel or a large flap satchel in tan signature but the creed said the style # is 11578 which I can't seem to match up with that style of handbag on ebay or anywhere else. Hence my first clue.

When I questioned the ladies working there, the bag had been donated by an employee so it could be fake or not. I doubt they would know or care for that matter but I, of course feel the need to inform them if it is.

Anyway, I'm just curious. Does anyone know? I can usually spot a fake but this one's got me wondering. :confused1:

I don't know. I thought it was odd too. It was in great condition and it says on the tag that it was donated, I guess so people know it's not "new".

I immediately googled it when I got home and usually if you have the style number you can get a stock photo or something and the only photos I find are the same bag (I think) with a different number.

If it was a fake, it's a nice fake.

It doesn't matter the nature of the shop, the shop-owner's intentions, from where the item came, where the money from the sale is going... etc... etc...
it is still a felony to sell counterfeit goods.
The official name is
"Trafficking in counterfeit goods or services"

http://law.justia.com/codes/us/title18/18usc2320.html

it was more rhetorical, I think its weird to sell something like that at a hospital you know?

It's a valid style number, but of course without pictures there's no way to know if it's genuine. Here's Coach's photo which matches your description, but plenty of fakes have correct numbers.

Attachments

• 11578_d1.jpg
    11578_d1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 183
Thanks Hyacinth,

That's the one! I'm pretty sure it's not fake. Like I said if it is it's a really good fake. I just couldn't find a pic of the bag to match that number and that made me wonder.

How did you find it?

Thanks! :biggrin:

I did today! I'm so bad.....

They wanted $100.00 but because we have a factory store here and you could get Coach bags that are new for a little more than that I haggled and got it for $65.00. I was surprised she haggled but the employee that had donated it was standing there and she said it was fine with her.

It's a really nice bag! Just like new! I really like it......:graucho:

I did today! I'm so bad.....

They wanted $100.00 but because we have a factory store here and you could get Coach bags that are new for a little more than that I haggled and got it for $65.00. I was surprised she haggled but the employee that had donated it was standing there and she said it was fine with her.

It's a really nice bag! Just like new! I really like it......:graucho:

It sounds like a fair price. If you want to be sure it's real you should post pics at the Authenticate This Coach thread.