Does Speedy B DE have quality issues??

joanabanana

Jan 6, 2013
I'm planning to buy Eva Clutch and Speedy B both in DE. but i heard that Speedy B has some quality issues because they are being mass-produced. I don't know whether to believe or not so i really need your comments. Thank you guys!

I'm planning to buy Eva Clutch and Speedy B both in DE. but i heard that Speedy B has some quality issues because they are being mass-produced. I don't know whether to believe or not so i really need your comments. Thank you guys!

I would suggest going to the store to inspect the bag before you buy it. Quality issues aren't exclusive to one type of bag. I recently purchased a graphite keepall 45 and I compared it to a graphite keepall 55. Essentially, the same bag but a different size. The quality of the 45 was significantly better. Ask an SA to bring you two speedy Bs and compare the two. Look at the glazing on the handles, the stitching, and the alignment of the canvas. Good luck!

joanabanana said:

But aren't most LVs mass produced? Just checked the bags carefully before buying. My Speedy B is without issues.

I would suggest going to the store to inspect the bag before you buy it. Quality issues aren't exclusive to one type of bag. I recently purchased a graphite keepall 45 and I compared it to a graphite keepall 55. Essentially, the same bag but a different size. The quality of the 45 was significantly better. Ask an SA to bring you two speedy Bs and compare the two. Look at the glazing on the handles, the stitching, and the alignment of the canvas. Good luck!

I agree. I was just looking at an Eva the other day and the SA kept giving me new ones to look at because the others he didn't want to sell me haha. I ended up getting something else, but the point is inspection is key! If they see you inspect, they'll join and make sure you get the best :smile: