Does small love lock click every turn?

Jun 11, 2009
Small love owners: does the lock click every time you turn it? Does it stop making the click sound after a while? My sister recently got one and it was clicking with every quarter turn before she started wearing it. She wore it 24/7 for a few days and when she went to remove it, she noticed the lock didn’t click anymore with every turn. The lock mechanism is working fine, nothing is loose or wiggling. Just not making the click sound anymore? She’s wondering if it’s from wearing it 24/7 and maybe there’s grime or build up from soap or water in it? She only wore it 24/7 for a few days though and is very careful with her jewelry. For those who wear it 24/7 and shower with it, etc. have you noticed any issues with hard water or soap residue affecting your bracelet shine wise or with the lock mechanism? Thanks!

I have been wearing mine since few months .It still clicks every quarter and shine is still there even though I wear it 24/7.
Do you use the brush in the Cartier cleaning kit to clean your bracelet? The bristles don’t scratch the bracelet right? Seems lint and things can get into the little grooves of the screw motifs.

Do you use the brush in the Cartier cleaning kit to clean your bracelet? The bristles don’t scratch the bracelet right? Seems lint and things can get into the little grooves of the screw motifs.
Yes I did use it ,sprayed the lotion ,left it a little bit ,used brush ,washed in warm water and wiped with the cloth provided .it did not scratch .

Reactions: ChanellenahC
Any other small love owners have input on this? Thanks!

My small love still makes the click with every quarter turn. I’ve been wearing it 24/7 for a few months now.

I wouldn’t worry with hard water or soap affecting the shine of the bracelets. Your sister can always clean it with the jewellery cleaning kit from Cartier or just use a soft microfibre cloth to give it a quick wipe.

Reactions: ChanellenahC