does size really matter....? Speedy?

Kylie M

Apr 9, 2015
Australia
I'm 5"3 and wanting to purchase a Classic Speedy. But I can't decide on size (25/30) or print....??

Appreciate your thoughts.....

May 14, 2014
Hi! I think it will depend more on what you carry on a daily basis. The 25 may look small, but it can carry a lot more than it looks :smile: Try it on at the store. As for the print, I think Mono looks best for classic style, and Damier Ebene for the Speedy B style.

LuckyBitch

Aug 4, 2014
Hi! I think it will depend more on what you carry on a daily basis. The 25 may look small, but it can carry a lot more than it looks :smile: Try it on at the store. As for the print, I think Mono looks best for classic style, and Damier Ebene for the Speedy B style.
Exactly. I'm 5'2" and habe the Speedy B 25 in DE and also the Speedy classic in 30 in Mono. Perfect combination in my opinion. Good luck choosing.

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I don't think that your height is a determining factor so much as it is what you plan to carry on a daily basis as well as the type of environment you live in. The 25 can hold quite a bit, but some people find the opening to be too small while the 30 is often called the 'Goldilocks size' since it is neither too big nor too small for most individuals (i.e. my mom is 4' 11 and can wear the 30 without it looking too large or messy on her, provided it has a base shaper of course). As for the print, if you live in an area with all four seasons, or you don't want to worry about vachetta, then DE is a lifesaver whereas if you're looking for a spring/summer bag then DA is lovely. Mono meets in the middle and is the way to go if you want something classic and timeless like the Speedy itself.

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
Brazil
Most people prefer the 30 for handcarry and find the 25 too small for that, but I think it looks adorable. However, the opening is indeed small, so it might not be the most practical, because you'll have to hold the bag by its handle while trying to retrieve your items with your other hand.
I have 4 Speedy Bs, two in the size 25 and two in the size 30, and I love all of them for different reasons. I'm 5'1 1/5" and I don't think the size 30 overpowers me. I do wear my 30s with a Samorga organizer, though, and I love it.

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Boston Strong!
I think you should go with the size that fits your carry needs. That said, it's best if you can try them on. I found that the different prints look very different on. I'm 5'6, and the 30b looks fine on me in mono, but huge in DE for some reason. I think the checkerboard print makes the bag look bigger, especially when it's worn cross-body. JMO, but it was surprising to me how different the various prints come across when worn.

mademoiselle7

Apr 6, 2017
I'm 5'2 & I own a Speedy B 30 in DE & it's perfect. I had my eyes on the 25, but the opening of the bag is just too small for my taste.

LemonDrop

I think I’m loving Fendi
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
USA
I carry a 25. I hated how small the opening was because I could never see down inside it to find things. Once I got one of the Samorga organizer then I loved that size. I'm all about carrying less. I love my little 25 and I'm 5'2. I like the less is more look.

Kitty Magenta

Dec 18, 2015
I have a mono 25 and it's like a dark hole because the opening is so little. I haven't used that bag for the last 5 years. I won't sell it because of sentimental value. But this is how I see it. Do you carry a lot of stuff is looking for a smaller bag to downsize your things then 25 is the bag for you because it's still very generous! But if you want an everyday bag and a bottle of water and a bag of chips, then I would suggest the 30 because that thing can carry a ton including a small umbrella and a cardigan. I would ask myself these 2 questions. I'm also 5'3" and I find the mono 25 too small but that's just me.

On prints, if it is your first LV then I say mono. It is absolutely classic. If it's not your first bag, I suggest Damier Ebene. Unless it's a speedy B, you will have lotion and sweat on your hands and the holding part will gradually get darker than the rest. You don't have to worry about rain and dark handles with Damier Ebene. Hope this helps!

onlyk

Feb 25, 2015
Canada
Just from my personal experience... I vowed not to buy another classic speedy 25 since I sold mine last time, it looked right size on me but a bit old fashioned (30 looks casual and chic on me even my hubby says he likes the size 25 on me, I don't too trust his fashion sense by the way), plus the opening is so small, but I may buy a speed B in size 25 because for a cross body option the 25 size looks the best on me than the 30, still can't decide to go mono or ebene, as for now, more towards ebene.

but still, best to try it on before making the purchase, you should buy what you love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylie M

tmorgan

Aug 17, 2013
I had a 30 in the monogram for a while. I even thought that was difficult to get into.LOL. I now have a speedy 35 which is a little big,but I love it. I was determined to get the watercolor. My sister is 5 foot and has 30 in the monogram. It's one of her favorite LVs. :smile:

Isis23

Feb 26, 2013
Austria
I have a Speedy B 30 Damier Ebene, which is my most used bag, although I already own many different styles of LV bags ;). It's practial and can be used, no matter if it's raining or sunny. Classic Speedy I own size 25 and 30, both in Damier Azur. In my opinion the classic Speedy looks best in this print. For every day use and driving to work I prefer the 30. As others said before, you can carry your daily essentials plus a sweater. umbrella..... For the look and going out, I love my 25! It's so cute and still holds a lot. The Azur isn't a "black hole" because of the light lining.

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Both are good, 30 is perfect for many. 25 has a rather small opening which could matter to you if you have a large wallet that you need to angle every time you want to put it into the bag. Don't get a 35, which is luggage like/oversize territory.

Purse FanGirl

May 16, 2016
I have a 30 monogram and as of recently, DA 25. The 30 for me was a black hole. Lots of dead wasted space allowing the bag to cave in from just plain emptiness.