does size matter? what's your preference?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. okay, totally random question here - what's your preference for bag size when it comes to non-work, fun-type activities: going out shopping, heading to the bar with girlfriends, etc.? are we talking fendi spy or mj clutch?

and a second question: do you think you could change your preference for a hot new bag?

i'm a big bag kind of woman when it comes to work - the bigger, the better. but even in off-work hours, i've been carrying around the same large work bag (a prada that thanks for the forum, i've only now realized is fake :sad:), and i'm wondering if my new HH margot kiss-kiss bag is going to cut it. it has three compartments about the size of three small makeup bags put together, and each compartment is almost completely flat - that is, the compartment and the purse will expand to fit your contents, but empty, all the compartments are envelope-flat. sheesh. can i break my big-bag-girl ways?

in case you were interested: Hayden-Harnett Handbags & Accessories - Item Detail

2. I LOVE this bag! I blogged it a few days ago if you want to check it out (signature). I'm a big bag girl myself but it's nice to take a smaller one out when I don't have a whole lot of stuff to carry. Get this bag! I personally like the brown better though, are you set on the black?

3. i read your blog a couple days ago, and loved it! turns out i ordered the bag before i even saw your blog post, but it made me very happy to see positive reviews.

i bought the black and it arrived two days ago. black is definitely more *me* - the brown doesn't speak to me, but again, that's just me. the tweed on the black has more green in it than i'd expected, but i still love it. because i wear all black 99% of the time, this bag will work well for me. next time, though, i should branch out and try a classic brown leather bag :smile:

glad to hear someone else likes the bag!

4. I go tend to go to extremes. I either like big, slouchy bags (18" across +), or small clutches and continental wallets.

Even when I carry a big bag, I still tend to travel light, though. :shrugs:

Love the tweed fabric on your bag - I really like zig-zags and chevron patterns. :yes:

5. me!

i love big bags. i don't care if it's out or in. i love it because i feel more comfortable with it. i'm petite. but i love to shop. and i hate having too many shopping bags. since it's clothes i usually buy i don't mind stuffing it into my bag.

but if i go out at night, i prefer to take my big bag and leave it in the car with my wristlet.

or just use my wristlet altogether, forgoing the big bag.

if i go to school. a big bag also helps b/c of papers, and work clothes.

but no way can the size exceed 18 inches across.

when i mean big, i mean for a girl like me whose petite :smile:

6. Depends on the activity. After all, going out shopping is very different from heading to the bar. :biggrin:

For work, I need a big tote because I often carry files back and forth with me, or magazines to read on the train. I also stick a small purse inside it (very small- like a little pouch with a handle, just big enough for my wallet, ID, etc.) so I can carry just that to lunches and meetings and not have to lug the huge bag around all the time.

On weekends during the daytime, I go for a medium-sized bag (like something the size of LV's Speedy 25.) I need my wallet, keys, cell, mints/gum, lipstick, etc, but I don't need the giant tote.

For evening, I streamline it as much as possible because I don't like carrying a big bag around when I'm dressed up (or semi-dressed-up); I like a sparkly or metallic clutch- something that says "evening!" to me. In it, I just carry cash, credit cards, my Metrocard, my ID and my lip gloss (if I'm with my husband, I usually don't even bother with my keys or cell because I know he has his. :lol: )

So... it's very situational for me personally. And if there was a hot new bag I wanted, I'd likely be able to find some situation where I felt it was appropriate to carry. :smile:

Ash

7. I've been pondering this...

I like a light bag for everyday use. So my Tokidoki is getting a work-out right now. But later, when the wife and I head out for a casual dinner with her colleagues, it'll be a medium sized white leather Donna Karan bag.

I gotta be honest. I like big bags - so long as they aren't like luggage. I can't see how some folks carry around that darn MJ Stam... it's HUGE. Not to mention that Zac Posen bag. It weighs a ton. But there's a nice suede Cole Haan bag that is huge that I picked up and love it... it's light.

So... I guess for me, weight is more important than size.

Peace,
    Nyckei

8. The bigger, the better! Yes!
    I'm not interested in it if it's under 14" wide. And I hate thin bags, I like the bottom to be a good 4" deep at the least, but 7" is better. I hate a flat bag.

My bags keep growing. Looking at bags I bought just 5 years ago, I can't believe I ever considered them large. If I had documents to carry, I had to put them into a separate briefcase.
    I actually have one bag that's only 10" across. I can't even use it! Nowadays, my bag and my briefcase are one and the same. I carry all my documents and notebooks, and in the summer, a pair of flip flops and a litre of water.

The only time I use a clutch or wristlet is for nights out on the town. I carry the small bag inside the big one, then when I get out of the car I put the big bag in the trunk and carry the small one.

9. I actually prefer bigger bags for everyday use, i like to stash a-lot in my purse and small bags or wristlets don't do it for me. But, since i carry around my school bag all day, i usually just fill up a wristlet and stick it in there.

10. Depends on the occasion and whether it's a designer bag. I'm somewhat of a minimalist. I hate lugging a super heavy bag, and when I was in school, I'd only bring what I needed, even if I did have to carry a notebook and a couple books with my arms.

Before I got my dooney bag, I would always carry a wristlet to work that carried my cell, my LV cles, my keys and my chapstick. Even when I go shopping, I tend not to carry a huge bag, unless I'm lazy to empty my bag out (since I switch around with what I want to carry).

For the most part, my designer bags range from small to medium-large. If I had to carry a huge bag, I'd rather it not be designer; at least, not something that's ostentatious.

11. Are we talking about bags or something else here? :graucho::roflmfao:

I used to be a small to medium size bag girl until I got addicted to Balenciaga. Then I got a Chloe silverado and a YSL muse and the obsession with big bags just got worst.

For school, I used to carry a Jansport backpack because I'm pretty rough with my school bag so no designer for me here.

For work, I prefer medium and big size bags to carry all my work related necessities.

For casual outtings, I prefer small to medium bags such as my Burberry barrel, LV speedy and papilon, or Balenciaga First/City.

For evenings, I prefer a pochette or a wrislet to carry my bare necessities (IDs, cash, lip gloss, and keys).

So I do alternate my bags depending on where I'll be going that day.

12. I also prefer a larger bag especially for everyday. I need to have a relaibel brown and black bag. In other colors, I don't care as much about size. I go completely with what style speaks to me. I have funky styles and very classic too. I prefer to put my wristlet inside my larger bags for money, credit cards, etc.

Anne

13. I'd go for medium size, because im pretty small..im juz 5'1".. I dun even dare to order coco cabas>.<'
    i dun really like the use of small bag, but I like the way it looks, thats why i kept buying pochette..

for school, i don use designer..just random cute tote:P

for shopping n hang out I usually use either my LV sac plat or chanel small tote..
    for party, i used my pochette. finally i found they are useful:graucho: bcoz they're small n easy to carry..i'd go for my cambon or diorissimo

all in all, I'd go for medium size!hehehe

14. I am a skinny girl and I prefer big bags. I find it useful when hiding my purchases from my husband..hehe.

15. Glad you got it! And glad you liked my blog! I don't think I have too many readers yet. If you wear a lot of black, I guess that was the right choice. I wear a lot of brown :P