Does sig Carly snag easily?

starrymaz

*starry*
O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
I don't know if anyone has posted about this before. I did a search and couldn't find a thread about it. I've noticed that a lot of the signature Carly's on eBay have nicks or snags on the fabric around the top. Has this happened to your Carly and does it bother you? I've had my medium sig Carly since June and try to be careful with it - so far no nicks or snags, but I'm afraid that it's going to happen to mine!

The ones I see on eBay that have snags are used and are authentic. The nicks are usually in the places where the top slouches (as Carly is a slouchy bag when you wear it) so I guess over time with lots of use it might be inevitable that the fabric would wear away in those spots.

I don't own a Carly, but I have seen the snagging on the ebay ones like you're talking about.

I have an older xl duffle, black signature fabric and it has snags at the top.

And I think it's from the saggin/lack of reinforcement with the fabric at the opening of the bag. The fabric collapses on itself over and over and it wears on the fabric.

I've had this bag for a long time and the snagging is NOT too bad, but is slightly noticable. I think as long as your "easy" on your bag, meaning not using it to haul or mix bags of concrete :upsidedown: it wouldn't fray too badly.

I've had my medium chocolate Carly for about three months and it's perfect too. And I don't "baby" my bags too much...I mean, I take care of them, but I'm not anal about it. :shrugs:

my large has i think two snags, stitching came undone, but coach fixed that....i mean i cant complain, it was a cheap bag so i dont expect it to withstand THAT much usage.